• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some people should have guns; other's shouldn't

KMaurer

NES Member
Two recent articles. In the first one, a Japanese cop demonstrates that some people shouldn't have guns, because they bad guys will just take them away and possibly use them against them. Moral: disarm the police (at least in Japan).

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20050514p2a00m0dm002001c.html

In the second, an 80 year old man shows that he's definitely got his shit together. After a few gremlins break into his store and cap him in the chest with a .45 (through his diaphragm and liver), he kills one with a head shot and wounds the other. Three operations later he's released from the hospital and told to rest in bed for at least a month. Instead he runs off and marries his 36 year old girl friend. Article doesn't say, but the sumbitch must have been a Marine. :D

http://www.nwanews.com/story.php?paper=adg&section=News&storyid=116385

Ken

Here's a copy of another story along the same lines. I don't have the link anymore but a googling of the officer's name in question might provide the original article lest anyone think I'd make this up...
You're right Ken, some people really shouldn't have guns.

Officer on Toilet Accidentally Fires Gun

SAN ANTONIO (April 21) - This is one story they'll be telling around the San Antonio Police Department for a long time. An off-duty officer was at a San Antonio auto auction house yesterday when nature called, a police spokesman said.

Officer Craig Clancy strolled to the appropriate facility and was lowering his trousers when his pistol fell from his waistband. When Clancy fumbled for the falling firearm, it went off, twice.

One of the bullets nicked a bit of floor tile into the leg of a man who was washing his hands nearby. That man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Police internal affairs is investigating.

04-21-05 19:14 EDT

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press.

SiameseRat said:
Here's a copy of another story along the same lines. I don't have the link anymore but a googling of the officer's name in question might provide the original article lest anyone think I'd make this up...
You're right Ken, some people really shouldn't have guns.

Officer on Toilet Accidentally Fires Gun

SAN ANTONIO (April 21) - This is one story they'll be telling around the San Antonio Police Department for a long time. An off-duty officer was at a San Antonio auto auction house yesterday when nature called, a police spokesman said.
Officer Craig Clancy strolled to the appropriate facility and was lowering his trousers when his pistol fell from his waistband. When Clancy fumbled for the falling firearm, it went off, twice.
One of the bullets nicked a bit of floor tile into the leg of a man who was washing his hands nearby. That man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police internal affairs is investigating..

I was going to comment on the explosiveness of gas....but I'll behave. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom