• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some people have balls

Could have simply been registering rifles they finished a couple days before. Could still register such rifles today, maybe?

I suspect that most of these were lowers people had acquired prior to the ban and were efa10'd, questionable guns that were not obviously covered by the "guidance" and transactions that started prior to the ban the were completed after.

I think this is simply a good example of uncritical media reporting. Instead of pressing Healey's office about what exactly it means for a gun to be FA-10'd (i.e. how it's not a record of daily sales) they just echo her statements without question because they trust the "officials" and "authorities."

Also possible that there are corners of the Commiewealth with limited cell reception who are out of the news cycle. The letters weren't mailed in a timely fashion and not everyone opens their mail daily.

Seriously, she declared stripped lowers themselves to be evil assault weapons. Now that you have an evil assault weapon I don't see how adding a few parts dding a few parts so it can fire a bullet and then must be registered is a problem. If you owned the assault weapon prior to 20 Jul 2016, I don't see how building an already assault weapon and registering it a year later makes any difference. You "acquired" it prior to 20 Jul, it does not need to be registered until it is able to fire a bullet, and when it can you register it.

By her own guidance that should be legal since a lower is an assault weapon by her definition and you already had acquired it before 20 Jul.

I will not do this, and I don't recommend anybody else does it, and just possession is a felony, just having the stripped lower, now you are telling the state about your felony.

We'll know more tomorrow or the next day. Depending on your individual interpretation of Healey's individual interpretation, the numbers that come out around Thursday will tell more about the effect of her ban.

Remember, seven days to register.

What we need to do is find a big field,get as many firearm owners as we can with their AR rifles,and take a big panoramic picture of it. Then put it on the front page of the newspaper with just these words. COME GET THEM.That is the wake up call the law makers in this State need to see what could happen when law abiding citizens are pushed to the edge.

Last edited:
What we need to do is find a big field,get as many firearm owners as we can with their AK rifles,and take a big panoramic picture of it. Then put it on the front page of the newspaper with just these words. COME GET THEM.That is the wake up call the law makers in this State need to see what could happen when law abiding citizens are pushed to the edge.

That's how you get labeled a domestic terrorist, you know....

What we need to do is find a big field,get as many firearm owners as we can with their AK rifles,and take a big panoramic picture of it. Then put it on the front page of the newspaper with just these words. COME GET THEM.That is the wake up call the law makers in this State need to see what could happen when law abiding citizens are pushed to the edge.

With everyone in Guy Fawkes masks

That's how you get labeled a domestic terrorist, you know....

I don't wish anyone harm,and never did always followed the law of the land,and love my Country very much.I am just sick,and tired of being treated like a criminal just because I like to own,and collect guns.If they want to call me a terrorist for those reasons,then so be it.Those that want to label me that, should take a good look at their family, lives,and say is this what I want to happen to my family if they want to live a certain life that the system does not like.I never understood the life of the African American like I do now.Not allowed to eat,sit,ride,and drink in certain places just because of the color of their skin.A simple thing like skin tone,and all they wanted was their rights.Funny isn't that what we just want.

The data from the frb doesn't seem to include registrations. It's been said here before that people have registered unique firearms in this range that don't show on the list. This seems to be sales data. It would also make sense they would be focusing on that since the primary objective is to strangle the supply.

My guess is there are still a few dealers that either don't give a shit or don't buy into.the AGs bullshit.

I'm sure there are some great fields in Lexington that could be used for such an event...
or play it super safe and find a range in NH to meet up.

And it's clear that the eFA10 system is being used to track registrations.

LOL. As if you really believed it wasn't. It was ALWAYS about registrations. It was just poorly "executed" in the early days of paper forms. Now that they have electronic reporting, it all works. . . except that pesky software that only works on Windows XP and now we can't use them stupid fingerprint readers that everyone needed to process FA10's. ;)

Some local shops have said the ban only applies to AR's and AK's, all others are fine. :rolleyes:

Without notice to the contrary, a piston upper'd AR isn't the same thing as a direct-impingement upper'd AR. The fact that you can swap uppers is irrelevant. Same FCG but a different "action" entirely.

Not that I want to be a test case. This is going to come down to her either getting her butt handed to her by a judge without her uttering a peep or her ultimately coming out with "it LOOOOOOKKKKKSSS the same and we're skert!" One would think after the Marathon Bombing, the Nice panel truck and the Japanese knife attack that some of these morons would realize the GUNS aren't the issue.

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns/healey-backs-down-on-threat/

"But Healey is facing another potential dilemma. On Thursday, rifle sales dropped back to 266 in the state but more than half of those – 143 – appear to be the banned assault weapon types, although there are some exceptions. "

Theres a list that accompanies those numbers on Wcvb that includes what looks to be lowers and all rifles.
Including an Uberti 1873 "copy" lever "Assault Weapon"
My sincere apologies to the Comanches.

Not that I want to be a test case. This is going to come down to her either getting her butt handed to her by a judge without her uttering a peep or her ultimately coming out with "it LOOOOOOKKKKKSSS the same and we're skert!" One would think after the Marathon Bombing, the Nice panel truck and the Japanese knife attack that some of these morons would realize the GUNS aren't the issue.

The people pushing these laws, or reinterpreting them in the case of the AG don't oppose violence. In fact, in most cases, they support the violence, especially if they can use it to further their own agenda. They oppose people being able to defend themselves, especially when those people don't support their agenda. Just look at what happened yesterday. The guy who gave the marathon bombers the gun that they used to murder Officer Collier was sentenced to 6 months in prison...even though the mandatory minimum for possession without a license is 18 months. What do you think is going to happen with the first prosecutions under the new definition of Assault Weapons? Do you think that a licensed gun owner who is convicted of possession is going to get sentenced to 1/3 of the minimum mandatory sentence or are they going to get closer to, if not the maximum sentence?

That might be the exception list. There is a HUGE list of firearms attached to the AWB-94. It lists a small list of banned guns, a list of evil-features. THEN it lists a gagillion guns that do not fall under the AWB-94. Like 1873's. You could put a flash hider and a folding stock and a pistol grip on that all day long - it's a fixed tube mag and non-semi-automatic.

Funny - if Mossberg made a 73, or even a 94, you can BET they'd have a tactical version. [rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

The people pushing these laws, or reinterpreting them in the case of the AG don't oppose violence. In fact, in most cases, they support the violence, especially if they can use it to further their own agenda. They oppose people being able to defend themselves, especially when those people don't support their agenda. Just look at what happened yesterday. The guy who gave the marathon bombers the gun that they used to murder Officer Collier was sentenced to 6 months in prison...even though the mandatory minimum for possession without a license is 18 months. What do you think is going to happen with the first prosecutions under the new definition of Assault Weapons? Do you think that a licensed gun owner who is convicted of possession is going to get sentenced to 1/3 of the minimum mandatory sentence or are they going to get closer to, if not the maximum sentence?

Oh I'm with'ya. I'm just trying to show some reason out there. LOL

Back
Top Bottom