Some new toys

Went over to the S&W Academy last night, and picked up a 442 J frame and an M&P9 FS. Can't wait to go shoot them.

I'm thinking of going to Cabela's on my lunch break and grab some ammo. I was thinking of getting a box of this, what do you guys think?

9mm:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat104691780;cat104372280

I haven't had much experience with 38spl. Would you guys recommend any particular round for range practice, for both the 38spl and the 9mm?

I have a question for you guys. Does the trigger lock that came on my 442 count as being "locked" in the PRM? i.e. the one that you insert the S&W key into the hole on the revolver body and turn CW. Does that avail me of having to put a bore lock in?

I have a question for you guys. Does the trigger lock that came on my 442 count as being "locked" in the PRM? i.e. the one that you insert the S&W key into the hole on the revolver body and turn CW. Does that avail me of having to put a bore lock in?

I've always been told "No way, not now not ever" on internal locks qualifying as being OK for safe storage. I would never use it anyways. Better off just locking it in a box when not in use... that way that "box" is both legal for storage AND transport. (trigger locks are worthless for transport in MA).

-Mike

So it's perfectly legit to stick it in a box with no trigger lock, etc. and lock the case? I thought you had to keep a trigger lock on it and keep it in a locked case.

So it's perfectly legit to stick it in a box with no trigger lock, etc. and lock the case? I thought you had to keep a trigger lock on it and keep it in a locked case.

At the risk of sounding like an a-hole and being flamed....Where did you take your basic safety LTC class? A locked container with no trigger lock is fine. Firearms may be stored loaded in the home as well. Get a quick access safe for your defense gun and store it in there hot.

Back
Top Bottom