• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

some more spotting scope questions 25x LER vs 20x60 zoom ?

mac1911

NES Member
I will be getting a better spotting scope in the very near future. The more I look the more questions come up. There is no local shop to me to go and get hands/eyes on any products other than dicks sporting goods.

Basically from what I have come up with Im leaning twards a KOWA
KOWA TSN-82SV with 25 Power LER eye piece...they also have the 20x60 opption.
Or a konus.
I just dont really know for certain if the 25xLER eye piece is more of a benefit vs the 20x60 ? I couldnt not find the eye relief info for the KOWA 20x60 eye piece.
I am leaning twards the cry once approach for the spotting scope.
End use is service rifle matches and general plinking.

Come to a match and look through our scopes. I have the Konus with the 20-60 eyepiece, Jasper has the Kowa with the 25 LER. Other guys have pretty much one of everything. Take a look at real targets and make up your mind.

27 ler seems to be discontinued, I have spotted a few kowa's on the used market. They dont last long and I am alsways 1/2 day late. I purchased a konus 20x60x80 as I needed to replace my kick around scope for around the yard and pellegun'n.
My daughter also likes to look across the bogs to see what she can spot.
After actually seeing through a kowa. I might buy one down the road. For the amount of times I will actually use it its a delayed purchase right now.
I kind of split up my recent fun money.
creedmore pole cat, konus scope, restocked on bullets and primers for reloading....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom