• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

some interesting stuff on cmp auction

Its guys like "Old Western Scrounger" (and others like him) on Gunbroker that buy these barrels. If he can buy them for $15-18 each, he can sell them individually for $30-40 each (plus $25 shipping). It takes a while to sell them all, but he can eventually more than triple his investment. Its not the most efficient business model, but its a business model all the same. Its going to take some effort and more patience than I would ever have to sell 2000 barrels one by one…….

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/index.asp
2 unissued SA garands. 200 SA barrels......BAD barrels for 2k huh. What am I missing.

The bid for the 200 bad SA barrels is up to $4,001 (or $20/barrel). It states that they are deemed unworthy to build a rifle. It doesn't make sense to buy at $30 or more if the gun cannot be fired (unless they only intend to do what enbloc stated). Can the barrels be bored out and/or shortened for another caliber?

The bid for the 200 bad SA barrels is up to $4,001 (or $20/barrel). It states that they are deemed unworthy to build a rifle. It doesn't make sense to buy at $30 or more if the gun cannot be fired (unless they only intend to do what enbloc stated). Can the barrels be bored out and/or shortened for another caliber?

Who knows but I would like to know what they have planned?

Back
Top Bottom