Some days suck

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Last week i noticed a lump under my chin, it was a little painful so i decided to see my doctor. Tuesday before my appointment I noticed a toothache and mentioned it to my doctor. He said it was probably a deep cavity so made an appointment to see the dentist this morning. Early Wednesday I started getting sores on my lips and the inside of my mouth, went to the dentist and she said she thought it was SHINGLES. Sure enough, just got back from my primary care doctor and it is shingles of the mouth. Imagine the worst toothache ever and multiply it by every tooth on your lower left side with a screaming headache. Good news is... pain might last over a year.[party]
Rant done. I shouldn't complain because a lot of our members have it worse.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sorry to hear it, man. Ask about viscous lidocaine mouthwash for now. Postherpetic neuralgia only hits around 1:5 cases but there's gabapentin if you get it.

Hold the Tabasco.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ouch. A friend of mine had it on his back - it looked awful and he said it hurt - a lot. That was his back - I can't imagine the pain of shingles in your mouth.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ouch. My wife often gets shingles outbreaks near her eye due to stress. Its dangerous there because if can effect the eye.

I cant even imagine what you're going through with your mouth!

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ouch! I had it on my back once, just one sore. It doesn't even slightly compare to having mouth shingles though, so my sympathies to you. I thought I was having back problems again, so I went to the chiropractor to have him look at it and he's like this is shingles. He gave me valtrex and that helped... did you get a prescription for it?

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ouch. My wife often gets shingles outbreaks near her eye due to stress. Its dangerous there because if can effect the eye.

I cant even imagine what you're going through with your mouth!
It's affecting my left ear and eye also, the doctor couldn't stress enough that if the pain near my eye gets worse or i have symptoms of pink eye to get to an opthamologist the same day because it can leave scarring on your cornea.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ouch! I had it on my back once, just one sore. It doesn't even slightly compare to having mouth shingles though, so my sympathies to you. I thought I was having back problems again, so I went to the chiropractor to have him look at it and he's like this is shingles. He gave me valtrex and that helped... did you get a prescription for it?
Yes, it's not Valtrex but it is an antiviral. 7days x 5 pills daily

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Sorry to hear it. Man, it sucks getting older huh? I'm 40 and I had chicken pox at 7 years old so I'm wondering if I'll get that shit too. Ugh.

Every day above ground is a blessing though right?

SgtHal75

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week i noticed a lump under my chin, it was a little painful so i decided to see my doctor. Tuesday before my appointment I noticed a toothache and mentioned it to my doctor. He said it was probably a deep cavity so made an appointment to see the dentist this morning. Early Wednesday I started getting sores on my lips and the inside of my mouth, went to the dentist and she said she thought it was SHINGLES. Sure enough, just got back from my primary care doctor and it is shingles of the mouth. Imagine the worst toothache ever and multiply it by every tooth on your lower left side with a screaming headache. Good news is... pain might last over a year.[party]
It could be worse, u could be from Wuhan City........seriously now, hope u feel better!!!!

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
had shingles in my 30s which is pretty young, not mouth but painful. i got the shingrex vaccine last year in hopes of never dealing with that ever again

good luck

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Not looking forward to shingles.

Doc says to take the shot at age 50.

I hope I don't get it in the mean time.

I know a man who had really bad shingles on his face and eye.

It was terrible for him and lasted for a long time.

I hope you recover quickly!

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm sorry to hear this. I dealt with it in my 50's. It wasn't in the mouth but on my back and it sucked. I hate to even think of what it's like in the mouth. Good luck and best wishes in dealing with this.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sorry to hear it, man. Ask about viscous lidocaine mouthwash for now. Postherpetic neuralgia only hits around 1:5 cases but there's gabapentin if you get it.

Hold the Tabasco.
Thanks for mentioning the mouthwash, I called my dentist and she is calling in a prescription for it.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Damn dude...I have had shingles about 30 years ago. It was on my scalp and started migrating towards my eyes. Scary and painful shit.

Keep the faith and get some good pain meds.

gerrycaruso

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Your reward for getting old is that everything starts turning to shit but so far it's better than the alternative. I hope it goes away soon cause it sounds awful.

clampett

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GaryO -- That sucks for sure, but it is a lot better than what I thought it was going to be when I started reading your post.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's affecting my left ear and eye also, the doctor couldn't stress enough that if the pain near my eye gets worse or i have symptoms of pink eye to get to an opthamologist the same day because it can leave scarring on your cornea.
Absolutely! In our experience, the meds are very good at knocking her flair ups down rather quickly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had it on my arm a couple years ago. Get some Valtrex. Not sure how it's going to be with the blisters inside the mouth, I feel for you though.

Top Bottom