Some Black Powder Revolver Shooting

The Goose

NES Member
I hit the range yesterday with some of my blackpowder revolvers for a little fun. It was, in fact, a LOT of fun.

My selections for the day:

First up was a Chamelot-Delvigne Model 1873 11mm.

I love this revolver. Great shooter. A heeled bullet from an Accurate mold. Below is a target with 50 consecutive shots at 25 feet. Then on to the steel plates where it hit 6 out of 6 each round.

Next up is a Belgian made British Bulldog .44. I shot both .44 Webley and .44 Bulldog rounds through it.

Below is a target from about 15 feet. Although the group is not bad for this little snubby it should be noted that I was aiming at the taped X below the target to get that point of impact.

Lastly two RIC type .450's. The top one has Belgian proofs and is marked British Constabulary on the top of the frame and has .450, 13grs. and 220 grs. stamped on the barrel. The bottom one has Adams & Co. with a street address and South London on the top strap. Decent shooters, but no target to show.

Just thought I would share. The only down side was cleaning all 4 at the range with a bit of a chill. Still a great day.

Looks like fun !

Interesting Assortment.

Be careful with the BullDog, though. I've read they were inexpensive at the time, and usually do not last long.

Back
Top Bottom