• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some AWESOME news!!!

C-pher said:
It says a lot about you...like we didn't already know that...I do mean that you post here. Right?

Thank you... And of course anyone who posts here can't have their head too far up their ass!
:D
Adam

C-pher said:
Then do it...

I have to say, it sounds like it would work out...not too many guys would stand by a girlfriend during a time like this. I would hope that I was wrong, but it's a stressful time. My ex-wife lost her baby sister to cancer, so we went through the whole thing...from being fine, to finding out, to chemo, to the end. It was hard. And I can see how it can be stressful to a relationship.

It says a lot about you...like we didn't already know that...I do mean that you post here. Right?

C-pher, sadly you are right!

I met a lady at a DFCI seminar on cancer, she was sitting at our table . . . later we found out that she was the keynote speaker! She was a selectwoman in her town with 2 (IIRC) small children when she was found to have very aggressive breast cancer. Her husband did not stand by her and the end result was a divorce. She was lucky because when her husband abandoned her, her boss stood by her side . . . after it was all over, she remarried . . . her boss! I've heard of other similar cases of a partner abandoning their partner when the chips are down.

The real measure of a personal relationship is when the chips are down, do they support each other or not? The ultimate in this is take a look at Christopher Reed's Wife . . . a beautiful woman who stood by him right to the end! Misfortune can come to any of us at any time, making us turn to our partner for support.

Better the shallow POS outs themselves up front. Their loss.

Cancer is a horrible end, I've seen it somewhat, but we live too far from the in-laws for me to really know 1st hand. My mother-in-law had pancreatic cancer and died. Before her death, the XYL was visiting her and "Mom" didn't even know her daughters, due to the Morphine.

Back
Top Bottom