• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some AWESOME news!!!

My girlfriend (the most wonderful woman in the world) has been battling cancer for almost a year. Today the results from her most recent biopsy came back..

NEGATIVE!!!

3 more week long chemo treatments (8 weeks total) and we will be DONE!

Many L-O-N-G stays in the hospital, including 2 weeks over last Christmas, and 5 other week or so long stays in the hospital are OVER!!!

So, barring any setbacks (cancer patients get VERY sick after chemo, and their ability to fight illness drops way low, often times landing them in the hospital for long stays) we will be back to "normal" (what ever the hell that means, I forget it's been so long) and she will be completed with all of her treatments the week after thanksgiving.

God willing, we will have a normal Christmas this year.

I want to put out a special Thank You to all the great folks at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute for all their wonderful care.

Adam <--- One HAPPY man :D :D :D

Out-mother-freakin'-standing!!!!

My wife's family has had its share of battles with breast cancer. I love success stories!! My father died from Mesothelioma (asbestos).

Thanks guys!

Her cancer was an inter muscular tumors...

Been a LONG road, but the end is in sight!

Adam

As one cancer survivor to another please pass on my best wishes for a long and happy life.

Congratulations to both of you!! May she live a long and healthy life after this!

As someone who has seen a lot of cancer battles in my (and my Wife's) families, we've come a very long way in the past 5-10 years!

DFCI and their affiliated hospitals are absolutely the best! Not only do the staff of DFCI treat the disease, but the treat the patient as a Human Being, with the kind of compassion that I've never seen anywhere else!

I was extremely proud when my Wife decided to leave DEC in 1998 for a job in medical research administration at Partners Healthcare (they own DFCI, Brigham, MGH, Faulkner, Wellesley and a few others)! Even though she is a "paper pusher" and has nothing to do with the research itself, it's very rewarding to know that what she does helps contribute to people being able to live longer and healthier!

Mazel Tov!! Wonderful news for a Friday (or any other day, for that matter)!!

So... is she up to coming up with you next weekend?

Sweetheart THAT is WONDERFUL!!!!! From one cancer survivor (25 years now) to another - MANY happy years! Stay positive and very little will defeat you. :D

That's the best news of the weekend.

But I have to say it...when I saw that you were happy, and the results were negative, that's not what I was expected for you to say. :D [shock] :D

Congrats and I'll life a beer for you two tonight.

I have to agree with C-pher, it took me a millisecond to realize you weren't talking about something else
fam11.gif

But I'm super-happy for you. It's great to hear!

Thanks again everyone!

Been a very long and hard road. Still some time left, but the end is in sight!

Adam

Adam, simply outstanding! My wife is going throught the same thing right now, so I have an idea of what you guys have been through.

Tell her to keep up the good work!

Steve

Great news Adam

I, myself am a two time cancer survivor. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Be open minded for the future. Don't overlook this man, no matter what your beliefs. He has cured cancer victims from all over the world for years, and it's free. Doctors go to him. www.tomtam.com. Good luck! :D

Of course!
Looks like she will be going back in (after her treatments are completed) once a month for scans for about a year. Then it moves to once every 3 months after that. We didn't ask about too far in the future past that, we are just taking what we can get for now.

Thanks again
Adam

C-pher said:
So, you didn't seem to blink when we were were talking about her being preggo...

Is there something that you would like to tell us???? <tapping foot>

LOL No she's not preggo. I don't think that would be a good idea for her to have one in the oven and having to be shot full of poison, and being subject to CT, MRI, and Bone Scans on a weekly basis.

Her Dr. told her we should wait a minimum of 6 months after she has finished her chemo to be sure all the chemicals are out of her system. I don't know how it would work with her being pregnant and having to have her scans and such done so frequently.

We both want to have another (she has a daughter from a previous marriage, and I have a daughter from an EX as well) but we want to wait until after we are married, and she would like to have her own hair when we get married (understandable, she's a hairdresser) so it will be a while yet.

That reminds me... I still have to buy her a ring and ask her!

Adam

Then do it...

I have to say, it sounds like it would work out...not too many guys would stand by a girlfriend during a time like this. I would hope that I was wrong, but it's a stressful time. My ex-wife lost her baby sister to cancer, so we went through the whole thing...from being fine, to finding out, to chemo, to the end. It was hard. And I can see how it can be stressful to a relationship.

It says a lot about you...like we didn't already know that...I do mean that you post here. Right?

Back
Top Bottom