Some ammunition sites pride them selves on discrete packaging, then there's midway

you might as well just plant a "Guns and Ammo Have a Home Here" lawn sign down by the curb for all to see.
Like people dont see the gun cases, gear coming in and out, stickers on cars/trucks and such. Flying the US Flag is a "guns here" give away.
Honestly thieves are gonna thieve ......yes keeping the "signs" at minimum is good practice but if your really worried you should have one of those secure drop boxes for your delivery or arrange to pick it up at ups depot. Heck whats to stop ups drivers from keeping a list of ammo/gun deliveries and selling that info to shady friends or getting a piece of the take ?

Last edited:
Heck whats to stop ups drivers from keeping a list of ammo/gun deliveries and selling that info to shady friends or getting a piece of the take ?

Not really that useful info by itself, yeah a gun owner lives there, so what? It also dramatically increases your chances (as a bad guy) of getting shot in the face. [rofl]

I dunno about you but if I was thinking like a burglar, yeah, sure you "might be able to score guns" there, I get that part.... but if you just want to make money quickly why the
f*** would you choose a house where your odds of getting armed resistance are exponentially greater than some random house? That's kinda counterintuitive.

Not really that useful info by itself, yeah a gun owner lives there, so what? It also dramatically increases your chances (as a bad guy) of getting shot in the face. [rofl]

I dunno about you but if I was thinking like a burglar, yeah, sure you "might be able to score guns" there, I get that part.... but if you just want to make money quickly why the
f*** would you choose a house where your odds of getting armed resistance are exponentially greater than some random house? That's kinda counterintuitive.
Because Darwin???
:rolleyes: Burglars don't exactly have a reputation for being the sharpest tool in the shed.:D

I was more thinking a shooter may work at UPS and get some ideas about "losing" a box, I've known people that worked at UPS/FedEx and he would "lose" dell boxes all the time haha he also had a drug problem
does not take a driver long to figure out where the boxes come from , especially from midway
when they do use their boxes it has midway express shipping all over it. If it weighs 20-60 lbs good chance its ammo.

I ordered 10'000 projectiles for Precision delta a few years back and was in the garage when the UPS guy showed up. They pack them two 1000's per box and are very heavy. The UPS guy said "watch out these are heavy" and I said "I wonder that they are.....I have no idea what my wife orders"! However, they did came in plain boxes with no marking.

Like people don't see the gun cases, gear coming in and out, stickers on cars/trucks and such.
I carry my long guns to the range in a guitar case. Neighbors think I am a musician! [cheers]

Funny thing too: I get my neighbor's assorted gun magazines delivered to my house by mistake from time to time so I know which ones are armed just as they probably know that I am armed for the same reason (i.e., mis-delivered mail). [slap]

LOL!!!!!!! Where can I get one? [thumbsup]

BTW, I once asked TSUSA for "discrete packaging"... nope. Factory ammo carton only. So much for checking that option. [laugh]
That is odd. Every package I order with discrete packaging comes shipped in an over-box...

CMP on the other hand does not.

EDIT: I guess that's not entirely true... [rofl2]

Last edited:
I carry my long guns to the range in a guitar case. Neighbors think I am a musician! [cheers]

Funny thing too: I get my neighbor's assorted gun magazines delivered to my house by mistake from time to time so I know which ones are armed just as they probably know that I am armed for the same reason (i.e., mis-delivered mail). [slap]
Alot of us do the best we can to “conceal” things but eventually your nieghbors find out, see, told by others.
I have learned through out the years when the thieves want it they try to get it.
Thieves drove across my yard tore off my shed doors and cleaned me out. I was not the only one in the area that week.
When BCI < think thats what they call themselves , showed up to take pictures and possible prints said “yeah this time of year (end of summer) the summer gypsy stock up before moving on”

A different vendor shipped these 5k small pistol primers without any overpacking🤦🏻‍♂️
Then again it has all kinds of hazmat labels on it.
35BFEF66-82C9-4AF1-BBC8-445B5CAECC84.jpeg

Like people dont see the gun cases, gear coming in and out, stickers on cars/trucks and such. Flying the US Flag is a "guns here" give away.
Honestly thieves are gonna thieve ......yes keeping the "signs" at minimum is good practice but if your really worried you should have one of those secure drop boxes for your delivery or arrange to pick it up at ups depot. Heck whats to stop ups drivers from keeping a list of ammo/gun deliveries and selling that info to shady friends or getting a piece of the take ?
Not everyone advertises their guns.

I dont have stickers anywhere.

All my guns come in and out in discrete boxes. I have some guitar boxes I use.

A few weeks back a neighbor saw me and asked me if I played guitar. I play bass, so I can always bullsh*t them if they have a music related question.

In my case, it would be advertising to the world I own guns. Like when Dillon shipped me a big box that said "AMMO MANUFACTUING PLANT" on every side.

I ordered 10'000 projectiles for Precision delta a few years back and was in the garage when the UPS guy showed up. They pack them two 1000's per box and are very heavy. The UPS guy said "watch out these are heavy" and I said "I wonder that they are.....I have no idea what my wife orders"! However, they did came in plain boxes with no marking.
My USPS guy asked me if I ordered nails when a NES members shipped me a box of brass.

I told him it was small rocks and stuff for the wife arts and crafts.

Now, when I get heavy stuff in small boxes he asks "is your wife still buying stuff?" ... "Yes she is, and I have to bring it inside".

He saw my wife a few days ago and yelled "how are the arts and crafts?" [laugh] ... but he can't be stupid, he also delivers gun magazines and boxes that say "explosive".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom