• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some Americans want to get Rid of their Guns

MaverickNH

NES Member
Some Americans Want To Give Up Their Guns — But It’s Complicated

When Hooper decided he wanted to get rid of his shotgun earlier this year, he resolved to be more cautious about offloading it. Beyond a private sale, Hooper also could have sold it through a federally licensed dealer, who would be required to conduct a background check for any future sale. But no matter how he sold it, Hooper knew he wouldn’t be able to guarantee it wouldn’t be used for harm.

But some Americans want to get rid of my guns.

“It’s actually harder to get rid of a gun than it is to get one,” said Hooper.

Huff Post trying to shame gun owners again. They find a guy or two who feels bad about a criminal activity and decides to give up his freedom in response.

and they want to hear from you: Do you own guns you don’t want anymore? Tell us about your situation. Send an email at [email protected] or reach out on Twitter at @nickpwing.

He could have taken a saw and hammer to it too...problem solved.

Its only harder to get rid of a gun than it is to get one if you are a complete mental basket case.

saws work well, lob off that barrel shorter than 16" then go to a nearest police department to show it off by pointing the barrel right at the cops. I guarantee you that gun will be taken away from you, no questions asked!

The progs are laying the groundwork for a National Gun Buyback and Amnesty Program, like the UK ran.

I've got a client up in NH that sold them all when Newtown happened. Had a Korea-era 1911. Sold! :(

He, nor his family, was a shooter so I get it. But he didn't have any crazy-people in his family that could get a'hold of the guns.

Lots of folks I know want to get rid of there guns, at a premium though.
Friends mom wanted to get rid of his dads guns. He’s FPP so cant get them.
I pretty much new what he had. I offered 1k and she freaked out calling me a thief.

No wonder his friends hate him too. In a subtle way, he’s saying he doesn’t trust them and that they should have a background check before being able to buy his shotgun. And sympathy for being a survivor? That’s like handing out first place medals for anyone who runs away from a situation unharmed.

Do the guns I bought with my taxes for .gov (IRS, ATF, police, fish and wildlife, etc) count? Might be a good idea to take them away from the FBI given their recent shenanigans and how trigger happy they seem to be.

This fool is looking at it the wrong way. I'm trying to buy up all the guns that way they'll be safe and no one can use them for crime. That's how this guy should look at it

LOL so author teases with an article headline, and then uses a survivor of the deadliest mass shooting incident in US history (outside of wounded knee, at least) as some kind of a bellwether or representative of how a bunch of gun owning americans feel? That's just adorable, considering the odds of getting an emotionally tainted response are just as bad as asking someone who lost a family member to DUI what they think about drunk driving
laws... no chance of bias at all! /boggle.

“It’s actually harder to get rid of a gun than it is to get one,” said Hooper.

No, it's not. Go to a gun shop with a drivers license and sell the thing. And leave the rest of the adults alone.

When Hooper has talked with pro-gun friends about destroying his shotgun, they’ve treated it like a betrayal and sided with the firearm.

“They would rather just take it off my hands for me, and that’s not really what I’m trying to accomplish,” Hooper said.

Lol, obviously not, that doesn't work well for virtue signaling.

-Mike

[shocked]

Give?????

[banghead]
Sure, I just hide them in the truck and sneak them up there on a dark, rainy nite. Actually, their dad has the FFL there and is listed on mine as a RP so all the legal bases are covered. If that were not the case, I sure as hell would not be talking about this here on an open forum. Jack.

saws work well, lob off that barrel shorter than 16" then go to a nearest police department to show it off by pointing the barrel right at the cops. I guarantee you that gun will be taken away from you, no questions asked!

They might trade you a few bullets for it though.

He could have taken a saw and hammer to it too...problem solved.

Its only harder to get rid of a gun than it is to get one if you are a complete mental basket case.

Yes but some people enjoy making fake drama and all the attention from it. "Woe to me, I am stuck with an evil gun that I can't get rid of! Why won't anyone help me! "

He should cut off his weiner too, just in case it was going to rape someone.

Sure, I just hide them in the truck and sneak them up there on a dark, rainy nite. Actually, their dad has the FFL there and is listed on mine as a RP so all the legal bases are covered. If that were not the case, I sure as hell would not be talking about this here on an open forum. Jack.

Oh I'm sure all legal. I'm just stating how jealous I am! I have my MG License, but it's going to be a LONG time before I can afford one.

Oh I'm sure all legal. I'm just stating how jealous I am! I have my MG License, but it's going to be a LONG time before I can afford one.
The Thompson and the Grease Gun are post samples, so no real $$ value. They both run great, so Little Jack and his sister might as well have fun shooting them till I croak. Then their dad can go SOT and put them in inventory and continue to enjoy them. That's the plan. In your case if you somehow can manage to get to 07/SOT, you can get post samples from dealers going out of biz. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom