SOLVED - Non-Commercial Airports?

Here's a question:
What I have been able to find is only in regards to Logan.
What about privately owned, non commercial airports where there are no secured or non-secured areas? There's a fair/event taking place where the parking and attraction are located on the runway area of a public use airport that's home to a flight school/aviation equipment rental/flight club. Do the same rules apply because it's calling itself an airport?

Edit: All set, found the answer reading the laws themselves. :)

Last edited:
"no non-secured areas" is your first clue.

Here's a question: Why do you think there's some universal rule that says you can't have a gun at any airport anywhere?

MassPort snuck a (probably illegal) restriction in a CMR so that ALL MassPort airport property is OFF LIMITS, regardless of secure or non-secure areas. Only exception is if packed for check-in and transportation of a gun.

740 CMR 30.05 - I found that this goes back to at least 2009.

I am not aware of any restrictions legally wrt non-MassPort airports. [That doesn't mean it's legal, only that I have not researched it or found anything to the contrary, yet.]

MassPort snuck a (probably illegal) restriction in a CMR so that ALL MassPort airport property is OFF LIMITS, regardless of secure or non-secure areas. Only exception is if packed for check-in and transportation of a gun.

740 CMR 30.05 - I found that this goes back to at least 2009.

According to Wikipedia, this includes only Logan, Hanscom, and Worchester Regional airports.

Also, according to Wikipedia, Worcester airport became a Massport airport in 2009.

I believe I know exactly the airport you were talking about. And if it is the same airport then I may have accidentally boarded a historical aircraft for a flight while open carrying a 1911. Realized the possible problems about 5 minutes before take off and quick consultation with the flight crew decided to lock it up just in case. It was not a problem they've ever run into before...

I’ve seen some of the most unique guns squirreled away in hangars at various GA airports.

Back
Top Bottom