• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***Solved***Help me identify this mystery ring.

dcmdon

NES Member
***The answer is that its a washer for the feathering shaft of one of my RC Helis. ***
Thanks to all those who contributed.

Hi all.

So I was cleaning up my work bench and found the mystery ring in this photo. Its the lighter colored ring.

I've put an AR15 extractor O ring next to it for reference. The size on the caliper is the OD of the ring. Its 4.50mm or .177 inches. It is non magnetic and appears to be made out of some kind of fiber. It is very thin. Like a washer.

Any help identifying where this came from would be greatly appreciated.

Don

Last edited:
Fluorescent-Yellow-Tag-T361-1-W-FY.gif

You buy any guns recently?

[laugh]

not an airgun seal. I've got an air pistol, but I just shoot it and lube it occasionally. Ive never had it apart.

Whatluck - good thought, but I've never had a computer anywhere near my workbench.

I'm wondering if it could be a shim for something.

It's an insulation washer for electronics,I have a whole bag of those,they stick to everything.

Its rigid.

I also just checked it for conductivity. My Fluke reads into the mega-ohm range and it still showed as an open circuit when put on each side of the washer. So its pretty much a perfect insulator.

Its .017 thick.

Thanks KMS
I'm thinking now that its some kind of standoff insulator for one of the itty bitty 4 in 1 boards that one of the smaller helis has.

or it is just a capture washer that is used on duplex 110v outlets. keeps the mounting screws attached until installation...

not always, different manufacturers, have seen square, round- black, red, brown, etc, even had metal clips years ago...

That's what I was thinking...looks like the washers that are used on the arbor for the cut off discs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah, i was cutting off a pin while pinning a muzzle break today and i noticed little red washers on most of the attachments. looked like the OP pic.

Do you own a Dremel?

I do. I know what you are getting at. When you break the cutoff wheel, the part that is left under the screw looks just like that.

But its not one of those. The answer has been found. Its a washer for the feathering shaft on one of my RC helis. Even though it could certainly be an insulating washer based on its properties.

Back
Top Bottom