• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Solunar Calendar and Fishing

admcd

NES Member
Hey, folks.

I've hit a dry spell at my fishing hole and am desperately casting (ha!) around for a slump buster (I've got one fish in the past three or four visits). Does anyone put stock in the solunar calendar for fishing? I'm given to understand that the position and phase of the moon can impact deer during the season, but what about fish? I see some folks who swear by it, others not so much.

By this time of year, and with pleasant weather, fishing pressure can get heavy. Altering presentation tactics works for me.

Other than a sharp drop in barometric pressure, I don't bother with factoring any other outside influences. Even if fishing gets slow, rarely do I get skunked. Alter depth, presentation, color, etc.

The best and largest fish I ever caught were totally contrary to everything anyone ever said, did, plotted, planned, baited, lured or charted on the moon phase or time of day.

Keep on fishing, you will have a winner and then be wise and with knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom