• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Soldering Iron for stippling

Looking to do some of my own stippling on a few of grips just wondering what you guys recommend for a soldering iron and any kinds to stay away from.

I mean, every soldering iron works the same way and is super-simple; the tips unscrew for replacement and maintenance, so there are finer tips you can buy if you want to. When I built airplane models, I even used to screw x-acto blades into mine.

What I'm saying is, they're all about the same. Just find some scrap plastic that you can practice with first. I'd buy the cheapest iron you can find, like a Harbor Freight model.

I have used a simple, low cost soldering iron to stipple the grips of several polymer pistols with great results. My only warning is that such mods, despite the fact that they work, reduce the resale value of the pistol.

Looking to do some of my own stippling on a few of grips just wondering what you guys recommend for a soldering iron and any kinds to stay away from.

I just use a cheap one that I got at Radio Shack about 20 years ago. No need for anything fancy.

Back
Top Bottom