• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SOLD. Running/driving yard or winter/beater truck if anyone is looking for one - $550

Bouncing my craigslist text over to here. This truck is both reliable and a complete POS, was making trips from Newton NH to Newburyport MA towing a little boat this whole season, so literally is still on the road. I signed off on a new Colorado yesterday, so am going to widdle my 3x shitbox fleet down to 1x shitbox and 1x new vehicle. Also comes w/ a spare set of (worn out) tires, which if I end up driving it to the junkyard will be swapped in so I can sell off the fairly new ones (and the next guy can do the same if they wish).

Add: - just realized I never put the town in since this was a Craiglist post w/ that included. Truck is located in Newton NH 03858.

2006 GMC Canyon Z71 4x4 w/ the inline 5 cylinder. Ballpark of 265k. This truck is beat, I've owned it since new, have kept it on the road as a spare and yesterday I bought a new one.

Fairly recent Cooper AT tires with 1000 or 2000 miles on them. Brakes gone through recently, but are soft and could use a bleeding. New fuel sending unit in last year. Has been on the road all summer, towing a small boat for 20 mile round trips. Starts right up, always has. Too much wrong to list but I'll highlight a few things.

The 4WD worked great up until this past spring when the shift cable popped off and left the truck stuck in reverse. I disconnected the battery so that being in gear didn't drain it until i was able to repair. Upon re-attaching the shift cable and battery it began throwing a "service 4wd" code on the screen and won't power up the circuit - this very likely is a trouble-shooting exercise leading to a bad connection or sensor thats cheap to fix but requires some work no matter what...

Windshield has a crack in it. Rust issues. AC works but requires a recharge a couple times a season. Blower fan is weak. Electric seat isn't working. A zillion engine codes. Exhaust is loud until the engine gets warm (manifold leak). Battery is weak and in a non stock installation (modified to take cheap batteries) but works ok if you run truck once every couple weeks. List goes on and on.

In short if you do not care about getting a sticker, just want a yard truck or to fix the 4WD and run it during storms or as an off road beater this truck is great for that - has auto locking posi and goes through seemingly anything when in 4WD (has 4 low as well). But I don't think it'd ever be practical to try and perform the repairs to get to passing inspection.

$550 firm. I will have this post up for a few days and then I'm going to drive this to the junk yard - registration expires at the end of the month and junk yard will give me $500 for it. Will deliver within a short distance if you can give me a ride home.

truck1.jpg
truck2.jpg
truck3.jpg
truck4.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom