• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sold gun to MA dealer

I recently sold back a handgun to the dealer I originally purchased it from and used the credit toward another purchase. Do I need to do anything further at this point in terms of ensuring the transfer is complete? Thanks.

You should of got some type of paperwork or receipt. Just keep that and you should be good. Are you worried the dealer will go out and commit a crime and the gun will be traced back to you? Could happen......better get that paperwork [smile]

I recently sold back a handgun to the dealer I originally purchased it from and used the credit toward another purchase. Do I need to do anything further at this point in terms of ensuring the transfer is complete? Thanks.

You live in Holbrook? 357 Magnum?

You should of got some type of paperwork or receipt. Just keep that and you should be good. Are you worried the dealer will go out and commit a crime and the gun will be traced back to you? Could happen......better get that paperwork [smile]

Thanks. Not worried just curious if I needed to do anything on my end with the state. Btw, I picked up the HK VP9. Holy smokes. It's amazing.

They are bound by law to log the gun into their book when they take possession. It is always good to get a written receipt for your records though.

Back
Top Bottom