• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Socom ll Question

my understanding is that the sage chassis for the scout model is slightly different than for a standard 22” barrel model. Im not sure if its just the op rod guide thats unique or what. i looked into this a few years back but dont recall the details. if doing a Sage chassis on the socom its worth confirming w the manufacturer that the parts are the correct ones.

my understanding is that the sage chassis for the scout model is slightly different than for a standard 22” barrel model. Im not sure if its just the op rod guide thats unique or what. i looked into this a few years back but dont recall the details. if doing a Sage chassis on the socom its worth confirming w the manufacturer that the parts are the correct ones.

There is a guy on youtube that put a socom 16 in the standard m1a/m14 EBR chassis. Sage has different model EBR's but the difference is whether it has a standard barell or a heavy barrel. But yes, I will call to confirm before i decide to buy....Thanks

There is a guy on youtube that put a socom 16 in the standard m1a/m14 EBR chassis. Sage has different model EBR's but the difference is whether it has a standard barell or a heavy barrel. But yes, I will call to confirm before i decide to buy....Thanks

^right that sounds like what I recall. barrel profile being important to which sage kit is correct. FWIW I know Tim at G&N gunsmithing has installed many of these and is familiar with the process. let us know how your build turns out. i've contemplated doing an EBR build for the past decade.

Back
Top Bottom