So, why do you Mass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many dumacrats that don't think and believe that the Kennedys are god's gift to the world.
 
airpw said:
Too many dumacrats that don't think and believe that the Kennedys are god's gift to the world.

airpw - welcome to the site. It just befuddles me how these guys get elected year after year regardless of what they do.
 
most of these folks that elect them are wayyyyyyy smarter than we are, so we shouldnt try and figure that stuff out.
 
centermass181 said:
most of these folks that elect them are wayyyyyyy smarter than we are, so we shouldnt try and figure that stuff out.

But, isn't the average voter that puts them in office?
 
honestly, I think youll find that with the huge population around the Boston/Eastern quarter of MA being mostly Liberals, the Republican, or even moderate dem message doesnt get through.
 
centermass181 said:
honestly, I think youll find that with the huge population around the Boston/Eastern quarter of MA being mostly Liberals, the Republican, or even moderate dem message doesnt get through.

Very possible. My fiance' worked for Pres. Reagan and she's informed me of the many ways that politicians use to maintain power. I just think it sucks that the likes of Teddy has remained in power for so long.
 
theres probly as much if not more votes east of 495 then the rest of the state.

My fiance's family is all hard core dems, except her....shes the one that raised a boy on her own, worked 3 jobs and never took a handout. Her sister is the one that lost her Job-ON 9/11, and thats W's fault, gets her political views from Bill Maher, and actually spoke the words, "if mom and dad couldnt afford to send me to college, they shouldnt of had me"

Needless to say I have banned all politics being discussed in my house.
 
I hear western Mass is more conservative - more conservatives on the Cape as well........I work in Boston and live in Plymouth so I see militant liberals constantly.....I know some great people in Mass who are level headed - but many more who drive me crazy. Even people I;m stationed with, in the military, who are borderline socialists..........Crazy.......
 
Hope to be living somewhere around Nashua, NH by this summer.....then I can return to a life of all "no-ban" guns in my collection...............No more "pre-ban" this or that.....granted the 1994 AW ban was mostly cosmetic but I hate the neutered AR15 look. Its really about the principle of it all.
 
Some serious answers:
- MA is a "one party state". There really is no Rep party in MA! If you look at the number of registered Repubs, you'll see that they are insignificant.
- The Repubs that are in office have no power. Even Romney has had almost every veto overturned and the pols crow about it. This leads me to believe that they are just doing it "to get even" (their thought is "the audacity of a Repub winning the corner office, we'll teach him!"), not due to the merits of an issue.
- Kennedy never has any serious competition for office. If the Repubs put a candidate up against him, it's always a "joker", not someone who could win or anyone that you'd want to have any public responsibility!
- Kennedy, Kerry, Frank, etc. are very smart . . . they promise to defend the elderly's rights to SS, welfare to the poor (and the lazy as well . . . not all fit both categories), etc. End result is that the elderly and all their friends make damn sure to vote every time, for the Dems!
- Gun owners are our own worst enemies. Almost every member of Sharon F&G (I WAS a member there for 24 years) didn't give a damn about gun rights . . . they were either target shooters (pistol) or skeet/trap shooters, would NEVER consider CCW (don't even believe in it), and will vote for larger SS or welfare programs every time! I would always carry (exposed) while on SF&G property and almost every time someone would pass a wisecrack about "why was I carrying". In contrast I was carrying a S&W 1911 cocked and locked today with a dual mag pouch on my belt at Braintree R&P . . . and only one person asked which 1911 it was and there were at least 80 people at the club today (Mass Pistol Championships).
 
CM this says a lot:

"if mom and dad couldnt afford to send me to college, they shouldnt of had me"

My in-laws are almost as bad. The good thing is they never bring up politics with me, they can't debate, and I hand them their seats when they try.



Len,

How was the club today? You need to give me a heads up on when you can shoot some pistol up there. I'm dying to check that place out.

Derek
 
It is a population center issue. The citys have the numbers and not much we
(smaller towns and citys ) can do. I have proudly voted against Kennedy Since I could vote. (81) Western mass is better, but in the northampton area it is as bad as boston. (the 5 collage area.) I work at Umass and have to deal with these jerks all week. Drives me crazy.
 
Wildweasel said:
It is a population center issue. The citys have the numbers and not much we
(smaller towns and citys ) can do. I have proudly voted against Kennedy Since I could vote. (81) Western mass is better, but in the northampton area it is as bad as boston. (the 5 collage area.) I work at Umass and have to deal with these jerks all week. Drives me crazy.

It's the same way in Minnesota. My whole family is conservative and so is the majority of the state land wise. But Minneapolis and St. Paul have the numbers, and the people want the hand outs, so they vote liberal.
 
I too have voted against Kerry/Kennedy every chance I get. Since I have lived here in MA. Too liberal around here.
 
Went to Brandeis U. in the 80's. Bastion of Liberalism. Was one of the few (very few) conservatives there. Always got into "discussions" about Reagan and how he was doing a bang up job. That usually got their blood running.

Too many liberal schools in the area and the kiddies graduate and stay in the area (like Cambridge).
 
And unfortunately for us we have Northampton and Amherst. With all the colleges, and unfortunately for us they are creeping into our little town since it is so close to Northampton.
 
I forget who said it, but you're correct - the majority of lefties in this state are east of Rte. 495. Once you go west you start seeing more of the conservative mind set, but there's more land and less people. It's very lonely being a conservative constitutionalist in this state.

Why do they keep getting re-elected? Because the majority of people in this state are too busy being PC and can't get their thumbs out of youknowwhere to pay attention.

Hubby and I plan on moving to either VA (1sr choice) or FL (2nd choice) at some point in the future, but it can't come soon enough,
 
Lynne said:
I forget who said it, but you're correct - the majority of lefties in this state are east of Rte. 495. Once you go west you start seeing more of the conservative mind set, but there's more land and less people. It's very lonely being a conservative constitutionalist in this state.

Why do they keep getting re-elected? Because the majority of people in this state are too busy being PC and can't get their thumbs out of youknowwhere to pay attention.

Hubby and I plan on moving to either VA (1sr choice) or FL (2nd choice) at some point in the future, but it can't come soon enough,

Its getting the same with Maine.......much of Southern Maine is an overflow of Massachusetts. I can't emphasise the great divide between Northern Maine and Southern Maine enough. So much so that a Representative from Northern Maine submitted a bill several times to split Maine into TWO seperate states. There are good people in Southern Maine - but its our equivalent to Kalifornia - we don't want it anymore and would rather be gone with it......its an extension of Massachusetts liberalism. Example: southern Maine - full of bi/transsexual vegan Liberal Socialist types who went to college at some southern Maine university.........Central and Northern Maine - okay to say what you think (politically incorrect is fine) and shoot full auto Class III's in your backyard........Night and day difference.........Practice open carry in southern Maine? Probably get the cops called on you. If it gets any worse I will permanently relocate down south...........as in Florida/Georgia/Alabama. Its not getting better in the Northeast - just glad I'm moving from Plymouth Mass. to New Hampshire in about 10 days.
 
Should try living up here in western MA with all the colleges around us. They are creeping into our small towns. Right now family reponsibilities keep us here,but as soon as we are able we definately want to move.
 
It might surprise a lot of people to learn that California is even more strongly divided than E/W Massachusetts or N/S Maine or New Hampshire. I grew up in the sane part (about 80% or the area and 20% of the population), bringing my guns to school and leaving them in my locker during hunting season. Heck, in high school a friend of mine showed up for a show-and-tell conversation exercise in German class with a large duffle bag. He started taking out parts, describing them (naturlich, auf Deutch) and putting them together. About 20 minutes later he had a complete MG-42 on the table. (Jim's dad managed to bring back the neatest stuff from his 2 year adventure in Europe.) Of course that sort of thing undoubtedly wouldn't go over too well today, even in the saner parts of California. [cry]

Ken
 
KMaurer said:
It might surprise a lot of people to learn that California is even more strongly divided than E/W Massachusetts or N/S Maine or New Hampshire. I grew up in the sane part (about 80% or the area and 20% of the population), bringing my guns to school and leaving them in my locker during hunting season. Heck, in high school a friend of mine showed up for a show-and-tell conversation exercise in German class with a large duffle bag. He started taking out parts, describing them (naturlich, auf Deutch) and putting them together. About 20 minutes later he had a complete MG-42 on the table. (Jim's dad managed to bring back the neatest stuff from his 2 year adventure in Europe.) Of course that sort of thing undoubtedly wouldn't go over too well today, even in the saner parts of California. [cry]

Ken

It is amazing how times have changed. Great story.
 
thread-resurrection.jpg
 
with the last bit of battery on my laptop i will post this



What crack are you guys smoking to think that Western mass is more conservative than eastern mass? Please go look at the vote results when scott brown was running you'll notice how much blue is out here.

This whole state is a shit hole, get out while you can and dont ever comeback. MA where freedom started and where freedom ended
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom