• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, who wants a new STI DVC???

Could be. The Sean I'm thinking of had a DVC Limited 40 on order from IDC. Also, based off user name, I think it's Sean. SJan, can you confirm?
Turns out is indeed Sean. I will have to ask Sanjay what his NES name is, since I always thought it was SJan.

So I bought the DVC Open. [smile] I'm still in the process of making it feed 100% reliable.... I shot it at a club shoot and had lots of malfunctions[angry]

Put some gram followers in the mags and give it another try. Then take the scope mount off and shoot to see if you are getting a consistent ejection angle

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up today at IDC firearms, well ahead of schedule [grin]

That's nice looking

with the scope mount off, you can see how the gun is ejecting and if it is a nice consistent pattern. With it on, you can't see if its coming out too high, too low or if the extractor is the issue

My ???? was in reference to the fact that the photo clearly shows a Limited gun.

Put some gram followers in the mags and give it another try. Then take the scope mount off and shoot to see if you are getting a consistent ejection angle

- - - Updated - - -

That's nice looking

The Brazo's super tuned mags come with grams springs and followers. Based off my high speed footage from my iPhone, it appears to throw the casing 90% directly to the right. Every once and a while it will have trouble getting one out from the cmore mount and chamber. I ordered a horizontal cmore mount... I hope between that and the tuned ejector and different mags, it will function 100%

The Brazo's super tuned mags come with grams springs and followers. Based off my high speed footage from my iPhone, it appears to throw the casing 90% directly to the right. Every once and a while it will have trouble getting one out from the cmore mount and chamber. I ordered a horizontal cmore mount... I hope between that and the tuned ejector and different mags, it will function 100%

good luck, 9 can be finicky, sometimes its the brass

good luck, 9 can be finicky, sometimes its the brass

I think once I get the tuned ejector and horizontal cmore mount, it should run better. I'm going to ask Brazo's to if I can't return the mags. What's the chances of that? The reason I feel it's magazine related is because I've used a variety of other magazines and did not have as many issues

I think once I get the tuned ejector and horizontal cmore mount, it should run better. I'm going to ask Brazo's to if I can't return the mags. What's the chances of that? The reason I feel it's magazine related is because I've used a variety of other magazines and did not have as many issues
Bob Brazos is a first rate guy. The chances of him doing whatever is necessary to make you a happy customer are somewhere between high and excellent.

When you reference horizontal mount are you talking about the 90 degree mounts like the Cheely?

Just my 2cents I tuned my ejector from the Brazo website with my steel master and issues were solved. I had all the same problems but all disappeared after. If I could tune it anyone can

Exactly what I'm talking about. The failure to eject is typically a stove pipe.

I tried extractors, ejectors, magazines, offset scope mounts, everything, and nothing worked. I was shooting with Mark Mazzota (I'm not name dropping - I wanted to give him credit because he got me on track with a fix) and he told me he could see some of the cases going straight down after they hit the bottom of the scope mount. The cases where beating the hell out of the bottom of the mount. I took video and some would come out perfectly but once in a hundred I get a case that didn't clear the ejection port and it was all over. You won't do well in open unless your gun is 100%. The solution for me was the Cheely 90 degree mount (or any such like). I installed it 3 weeks before 2013 A7 match (which I would never do before a big match - but I had nothing to lose) and the pistol has run perfectly since. I believe the 90 degree mount provides a much larger tolerance of ejection angle. A bonus is the lower dot in relationship to the slide, which minimizes sight offset. Plus, when the occasion arises that I shoot my limited or 3 gun pistol, the iron sights are in the same basic location so when I draw there's little or no adjusting pistol location. The only drawback I've found is zeroing the dot is a bit more complicated - but I'll pay for my lunch.

I tried extractors, ejectors, magazines, offset scope mounts, everything, and nothing worked. I was shooting with Mark Mazzota (I'm not name dropping - I wanted to give him credit because he got me on track with a fix) and he told me he could see some of the cases going straight down after they hit the bottom of the scope mount. The cases where beating the hell out of the bottom of the mount. I took video and some would come out perfectly but once in a hundred I get a case that didn't clear the ejection port and it was all over. You won't do well in open unless your gun is 100%. The solution for me was the Cheely 90 degree mount (or any such like). I installed it 3 weeks before 2013 A7 match (which I would never do before a big match - but I had nothing to lose) and the pistol has run perfectly since. I believe the 90 degree mount provides a much larger tolerance of ejection angle. A bonus is the lower dot in relationship to the slide, which minimizes sight offset. Plus, when the occasion arises that I shoot my limited or 3 gun pistol, the iron sights are in the same basic location so when I draw there's little or no adjusting pistol location. The only drawback I've found is zeroing the dot is a bit more complicated - but I'll pay for my lunch.

The bottom of my cmore mount is all dinged up too from the same reason. I have the cheely mount in the mail right now. Thanks for your input and everyone else who has suggested fixes for my new toy. I honestly thought it would run 100% from the factory.

STI DVC Limited and Open... I happen to stop in at IDC after I saw the earlier posts and they had them in stock. These are great looking guns, I liked it so much I put one on layaway.

Does the DVC Limited 9mm require using major power factor ammo, or will it function on standard pressure ammo?

Does the DVC Limited 9mm require using major power factor ammo, or will it function on standard pressure ammo?

There is no reason anyone should shoot 9 major out out of the 9 Limited version. It will function with standard 9mm.

In USPSA/ IPSC, 9 major is only allowed in Open division.

Need some newbie advice... I did put the DVC Limited in 9 mm on layaway and am already thinking about my next STI. I don't reload so I'm guessing based on the earlier posts that the DVC Open in 9 mm probably won't function with off the shelf ammo?

From what I've read the only Open STI gun that runs with off the shelf ammo is the Steel Master?

There is no reason anyone should shoot 9 major out out of the 9 Limited version. It will function with standard 9mm.

In USPSA/ IPSC, 9 major is only allowed in Open division.

This I know. I was curious as my DVC open 9mm does not function with standard pressure ammo.

Finally got enough money together to pick up my DVC Limited in 9 mm, now the quest to get a holster/mag pouch rig... recommendations welcomed.

While at IDC they just got a DVC Open in 9mm, what a great looking gun. I happen to be shooting in RI and one of the guys on my squad was shooting the DVC Open, he was a reloader and I was amazed at his accuracy and lack of muzzle flip on this gun.

Back
Top Bottom