• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, who wants a new STI DVC???

Funny thing, Mazzotta says he can shoot his Limited guns faster than his open guns.
Mazzotta can whomp most local level shooters with fancy open guns using a beat to crap 1911 with a 7 round mag.

Mazzotta can whomp most local level shooters with fancy open guns using a beat to crap 1911 with a 7 round mag.

Some of the most talented shooters are funny like that. There is a guy who I shot bowling pins with frequently who also shoots USPSA/steel challenge on this board, but he doesn't post much. He has a few race guns and a Sig P220 that's pretty much bone stock. Some days he would switch back and forth and it was insane, he was often faster with just the P220. I think he ran it to try to handicap himself but it didn't work. The only times I could ever really beat him is if I got lucky and he had bad pins or a severe logjam on the table late in the day... [laugh]

-Mike

I started in L-10 and 3 months later someone handed me an open gun, its been all downhill from there. I shot 3 production matches, sold all my production stuff after than

There are 10 STI's on the Approved Firearms Roster but they still need to send a letter to the AG office before they can be sold in MA. They are working on it but it will still take some time. There's also the question of the second serial number being added and manufactured. I've been helping them get approval and as I learn more I'll let you know.

There are 10 STI's on the Approved Firearms Roster but they still need to send a letter to the AG office before they can be sold in MA. They are working on it but it will still take some time. There's also the question of the second serial number being added and manufactured. I've been helping them get approval and as I learn more I'll let you know.

1. There is no statutory requirement of a letter to the AGs office. All the letter does is add one extra claim to a seller that a reasonable attempt to comply with the law was made.

2. I don't think a second serial number is required for guns that are designed solely for formal target shooting competition. See the definition (f) of handgun purveyor, which excludes someone transferring a formal target gun from the definition of purveyor. The EOPS "target shooting" list provides a strong claim as to the "formal target shooting" nature of a handgun.

- - - Updated - - -

Noob question but where do people go for matches?

www.uspsa-ne.org for local details.

www.uspsa.org for the bigger matches on a national scale.

This is incorrect.

There are ZERO STI firearms and the Mass Approved Firearms Roster. There is in the other hand 10 models in 23 variation / calibers on the Mass Formal Target Shooting Roster.

I hope STI is not being led in wrong direction with this, as it's fairly straight forward. No AG's compliance is needed

This roster has been compiled in accordance with M.G.L. c.140, § 123 and 501 CMR 7.00. It
contains firearms which are exempt from the testing requirements described in M.G.L. c. 140, §
123, clauses 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st, and which may be sold by Massachusetts licensees pursuant
to M.G.L. c. 140, § 123 and 940 CMR 16.01(f). The makes and models listed herein were
reviewed by the GCAB and subsequently designated by the Secretary of the Executive Office of
Public Safety as being solely designed and sold for formal target shooting competitions.

Last edited:
That is correct, there are 10 STI guns on the approved Target Roster. I saw that IDC Firearms in Clinton is an authorized STI dealer, I went there and put a deposit on a DVC Limited 9. While I was there they had a STI Executive 9 mm and a guy had just purchased it, what a great looking gun. Apparently the DVC line is currently in high demand, they told me that they have a DVC Open, Edge and Eagle coming can't remember the calibers.

I went up to IDC last week and Alex let me shoot a couple of the new STI's on hand.

Sjan, I think you will like the grip on the new DVC Limited, felt good to me. I also shot an "Executive" shop sample. They were both in 9mm and I didn't feel a big difference firing them. The DVC is just much more awesome looking. I'm sure you are going to love it when it finally comes in this fall. [wink]

Rob and DRB,

Thanks for the clarifications. It's been difficult finding exactly what is needed to sell STI guns in MA. I have been told different things from people involved in the process. The 'handgun purveyor' section does appear to exempt guns on the Target roster from all AG regs. Yeah!

I have not seen anything in writing that states a letter must be sent to the AGs office it's just what I have been told. Would it be beneficial to send this letter and if so what would it say?

IDC is selling STIs and they have been at the CGAB meetings so I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I just returned from visiting STI and they have a huge backlog on DVCs which is why it may take some time to get them to MA. It is a very sweet gun though!

Awesome and congrats!

Any idea if IDC will carry frames?

Thanks. I ran by HSA after work and put several magazines through it. I think I am going to really like this pistol.

No idea if they are going to handle frames but I see no reason why they couldn't/wouldn't. Call and ask.

So I bought the DVC Open. [smile] I'm still in the process of making it feed 100% reliable.... I shot it at a club shoot and had lots of malfunctions[angry]

and what mags? what type of malfunctions?

Brazo's super tuned mags. It's typically a failure to eject or failure to feed. The FTF may be due to hollow points I'm using. My DVC is the 9mm. My load is 115gr hornady HAP w/ 8.8gr of HS6 COL 1.165-1.170". I'm going to get my ejector tuned this week and hope for the best. I also added a Mitchell right side mag release. Damn southie...

I have to say, I think these Brazo's mags are junk. I'm gonna request to return them. They nose dive a lot and the last round in it doesn't even have tension on it cuz the spring seems to be worn out already after 6 weeks of ownership.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom