• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, who wants a new STI DVC???

I put a deposit on a DVC Limited
Not expecting delivery until November, possible later

View attachment 135184
View attachment 135185

Seriously, congrats. they seem like a really good deal for the money in a limited gun

(An evil piece of me deep down inside wants the DVC Open [devil2] I don't need it, and I have no business owning a limited gun let alone open!)

Seriously, congrats. they seem like a really good deal for the money in a limited gun

(An evil piece of me deep down inside wants the DVC Open [devil2] I don't need it, and I have no business owning a limited gun let alone open!)

Its like the car guy saying "If it don't go fast, chrome it"
If you cant shoot fast, at least look good doing it.

What's a hardball gun?

The DVC look like they are excellent guns for the money. It is great to see STI getting serious about their comp guns and recognizing MA as a viable market

That thing looks sweet sjan. How rough is the grip?

Oh, and why limited? Why not go all out balls out? No ballin in open yet?

From another forum: "Hardball Gun means a military-looking 1911 in 45ACP caliber that's used in NRA Bullseye competition."

That sounds like a silly definition to me but to each their own.

From another forum: "Hardball Gun means a military-looking 1911 in 45ACP caliber that's used in NRA Bullseye competition."

That sounds like a silly definition to me but to each their own.

A "military-looking 1911" has pathetic sights. Bullseye shooters need good sights.

Those aren't standard military sights. So I wouldn't call that a "military-looking" 1911.

These are:
1911_446933f.jpg

A "military-looking 1911" has pathetic sights. Bullseye shooters need good sights.

The original USGI 1911 sights are perhaps the worst sights I've used on a handgun. Ever, with the front being the biggest problem. Even the terrible glock ball/cup or the terrible sig bar/dot sights are infinitely better than that crap. The old claims of "well old loose 1911s are reliable but not terribly accurate" are likely only half true- they're "innacurate" because the person running them can't get a good sight picture!! not because the gun is loose. But you already knew that. [laugh]

-Mike

The original USGI 1911 sights are perhaps the worst sights I've used on a handgun. Ever, with the front being the biggest problem. Even the terrible glock ball/cup or the terrible sig bar/dot sights are infinitely better than that crap. The old claims of "well old loose 1911s are reliable but not terribly accurate" are likely only half true- they're "innacurate" because the person running them can't get a good sight picture!! not because the gun is loose. But you already knew that. [laugh]

Yeah, they are horrid.

OK, back on topic here - this post was about STI DVC's! for actually going fast, not standing and pressing the trigger without disturbing the gun at all.

This will be a great way to build up the Limited competition pool! All the cool kids should ditch production.

OK, back on topic here - this post was about STI DVC's! for actually going fast, not standing and pressing the trigger without disturbing the gun at all.

This will be a great way to build up the Limited competition pool! All the cool kids should ditch production.

All the cool kids have ditched production

That thing looks sweet sjan. How rough is the grip?

Oh, and why limited? Why not go all out balls out? No ballin in open yet?
I don't know, I havn't handled one yet. It looks very grippy, I hope it is, I like em rough. I have been wanting to shoot Limited since my first match back in '10. Oh and I have an open gun, kind of...
Open is for old guys that no longer can see their front sight
Funny thing, Mazzotta says he can shoot his Limited guns faster than his open guns. Last month at the BUAS match he actually had tape covering the front of his Cmore, it was faster for him that way. Then again, he is usually the exception.

Obviously I don't care what the cool kids are doing these days, haven't you noticed I'm still playing in SS?

True. Production is so 2014.

?

Back
Top Bottom