So which one of you buys expensive rifle but couldn't kill the dumbest deer?

The internet called it wants 2009 back. Jk... that one always cracks me up.

That person has absolutely no business hunting if they can't hit a deer standing right there broadside to them. [sad2]

The stand could have been 600 yards away.
Then he shouldn't be trying to shoot a deer that far away if he can't hit it. That's how deer get wounded and die a slow painful death. Just my take on things.

He made a sound and the deer responded to it. So it could not be 600 yards away.

The rifle could well have been accurate. The shooter could well have been accurate. But his scope could well have gotten knocked out of alignment.

If that was a semi-auto I'd say it was my uncle, anything over 75lbs and he can't hit it. Skipper at 200 yards? bullseye... I'll be damned if I can understand it.

That deer weren't more than 150 yds away. Scope must have got whacked because shots were at least 18" to the left.

Sounds like Napoleon Dynamite, lol. Probably bought the gun work the scope, didn't zero or in.

Deer wasn't 600 yards away. Video would have been too jerky with poor depth of field and angle would most likely have been shallower, my guess is 100 yards or even less.

Maybe scope, maybe open sights. Poor shooting nonetheless.

That's about a 3 FOOT group at what, 250 yards? I'm starting to understand ammunition shortages.

If the scope was off and he realized it after the first shot, he may well have been trying to correct for it. But without a large target on which to see his impacts, that is a pretty hard thing to do.

Yes, he might have just been a totally crap shot. But there are other possible explanations as well.

Also unknown is how deep he got into that 30 pack that's probably up in that booth while waiting for the deer to come along. [rofl]

-Mike

Then he shouldn't be trying to shoot a deer that far away if he can't hit it. That's how deer get wounded and die a slow painful death. Just my take on things.
Do you hunt?

Putting holes in paper is one thing. Stopping the beating heart of a living thing is another. A new hunter can practice until they have great groups......on the range. Then shank a shot when the moment of truth arrives due to adrenaline. It happens to some. Not just hunters.....

Last edited:
Then you should understand my edited reply. Also i assume with your "take on things" You have taken every deer or animal you harvested with a perfect shot? Double lung? Or heart?

Last edited:
Nice of you folks to give this guy the benefit of the doubt about the scope being "hit" during transport, But, I have seen too many that do not check their gear from year to year, and others that buy Box store package deals, that never take the time to learn how the gun shoots.
Or a rookie hunter with adreneline pumping. It happens.

I do understand...I doubt that was this guy's problem...
I won't take a shot unless I am almost 100% sure I can take it with one shot. Killing an animal isn't foreign to me...I grew up on a farm where we butchered lots of animals and we did it as quickly and as painless as possible. I treat game the same no matter how large or small it is. I have taken 6 deer in my life, 5 with one shot and one went down with one and I took him out with a bullet to the head about 30 seconds later. I don't think it would have lived another two minutes.
The guy in this clip is either drunk, inept or both.

Last edited:
I do understand...I doubt that was this guy's problem...
I won't take a shot unless I am almost 100% sure I can take it with one shot. Killing an animal isn't foreign to me...I grew up on a farm where we butchered lots of animals and we did it as quickly and as painless as possible. I treat game the same no matter how large or small it is.
The guy in this clip is either drunk, inept or both.
im glad to hear you had the benefit of those experiences when you were young. It certainly is a benefit to the ability to hunt. Not many hunters theae days have that experience. My friends teenage son practiced with his shotgun until
he had great groups out to 50 yards. Saw him shoot twice at a large doe walking slowly at 30 yards broadside and miss completely. When we got to him his heart was pounding and so out of breath he puked. My point is a hunter that misses is not a bad hunter all the time. My friends son realy did everything correctly....practice.....shot within his proven range. He was just nervouse. I bet after seeing someone elae take a deer the next time hell do just fine.

Last edited:
When we got to him his heart was pounding and so out of breath he puked.

That is some serious buck fever. I've never experienced it. My first day ever deer hunting, I shot a young buck out on a marsh from about 40 yards. My heart rate may have risen a little bit but not enough for me to notice. I have hunting buddies who get real worked up though. Like "holy shit I just saw a deer like 200 yards away and I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack!" worked up.

That is some serious buck fever. I've never experienced it. My first day ever deer hunting, I shot a young buck out on a marsh from about 40 yards. My heart rate may have risen a little bit but not enough for me to notice. I have hunting buddies who get real worked up though. Like "holy shit I just saw a deer like 200 yards away and I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack!" worked up.
Some do some dont. Takes some guys a couple of times to get over it.

Back
Top Bottom