So... where can I actually go to the beach these days, anyway?

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My wife and I have the next several days off, and I've been unable to figure out WTF we're supposed to do during these days. Any ideas? I was hoping to just hang out at the beach, stuff like that. It isn't going well though... these online reservation systems says most everything is booked up. Odiorne Point has openings, but that really isn't a beach... you can walk along the shore. Crane Beach is booked up and they require masks to actually be at the beach, so I noped the eff out of that idea. Even inland NH state parks are all booked up, including ridiculous places like Echo Lake in Franconia... WHY?? That parking lot is huge and I have never failed to drive up to it and find parking, even on a weekend in July. Sunapee, booked up. Greenville, closed... can't even get there. etc. etc. etc.

I also noticed all these "day passes" you have to reserve in advance, are for the entire day. It doesn't account for people who may want to stop by for 2 hours and leave. Those people are still taking up an unused space for the entire day, after they have left.

This is effing pissing me off. This is retarded. People really can no longer just decide "hey lets go there", drive over there, then be there and enjoy their stay... and then leave. I would have turned in my NH State Parks plate if it was possible to do so... town offices closed, so they can't do that by mail.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife and I have the next several days off, and I've been unable to figure out WTF we're supposed to do during these days. Any ideas?
Hike a mountain.

This is effing pissing me off. This is retarded. People really can no longer just decide "hey lets go there", drive over there, then be there and enjoy their stay... and then leave.
I love planning things well in advance, so, preaching to the wrong congregation.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maahty warns you that you may step into something warm and it will not be a sand:

BOSTON (WHDH) - Some South Boston residents are experiencing some toilet trouble as beachgoers in need of a place to “go” start utilizing their front lawns.

As the summer heat skyrockets, people are packing M Street Beach with nowhere to do their business and this is causing some restroom unrest in the area.

“This has definitely been the worst summer since I’ve been here,” Linda Conley who lives nearby said. “It is gross, but you know, there’s nothing open.”

The Curley Community Center has been closed due to coronavirus concerns and according to neighbors, this has not stopped people from heading to the shore. It just means they are relieving themselves anywhere they choose.

“They’re coming over here and they’re peeing on anything they can find,” a resident who did not wish to be named said. “It’s like St. Patrick’s Day every day here.”

Mayor Martin J. Walsh responded to the unsanitary situation at a press conference on Monday and called on beachgoers to show some respect for their surroundings.

“Somebody’s front yard is not a bathroom,” he said.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hike a mountain
Many mountains are going to have the same restrictions, not to mention parking filling up even more than they usually fill up. Hiking Franconia Notch, for example, is pretty much impossible these days. Last year, they started preventing people from parking along the road. Now with the Rona, it is going to be worse.

I love planning things well in advance, so, preaching to the wrong congregation.
Well good for you, and I am not preaching nor requested your attendance in my congregation.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many mountains are going to have the same restrictions, not to mention parking filling up even more than they usually fill up. Hiking Franconia Notch, for example, is pretty much impossible these days. Last year, they started preventing people from parking along the road. Now with the Rona, it is going to be worse.
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

You live in NH. You should know that Franconia Ridge is a shitshow on any weekend, let alone the weekend of the Fourth. There's plenty of mountains to be hiked out there. Get to the parking lot before 6am and you're good to go.

Oh, and out of all the mountains I've hiked so far this year, all of which were in NH, zero had any special restrictions.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

You live in NH. You should know that Franconia Ridge is a shitshow on any weekend, let alone the weekend of the Fourth. There's plenty of mountains to be hiked out there. Get to the parking lot before 6am and you're good to go.

Oh, and out of all the mountains I've hiked so far this year, all of which were in NH, zero had any special restrictions.
While I do like hiking, I was really hoping for some beaching this time.

If I did climb a mountain, my favorites would include Willard, West Rattlesnake, or Middle Sugarloaf... easy mountains with great views. Parking can already be challenging at those though, especially Rattlesnake that fills up by 9am. Maybe Willard... there seems to be near unlimited street parking if you want to walk far enough.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I do like hiking, I was really hoping for some beaching this time.

If I did climb a mountain, my favorites would include Willard, West Rattlesnake, or Middle Sugarloaf... easy mountains with great views. Parking can already be challenging at those though, especially Rattlesnake that fills up by 9am. Maybe Willard... there seems to be near unlimited street parking if you want to walk far enough.
I did Willard a couple weeks ago - you'll be fine if you get there early enough or if you hit it right when the early morning folks are leaving.

Mountain Hiking 2016

1952ford

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes State park. first come first served. 14 dollars to park have to pay with plastic

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've heard the mayor of Amity is pushing to have the beaches open for the holiday weekend. Chief Brody is really fighting him on this though. In fact, he wont even let his son on the beach, hes making him sail his boat in the pond. I'm sure he'll be safe there!
What, now sharks with Rona?? When will this end!

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
There is sand at the gun range 😁

It is tough, I would drive to Maine /NH for the day. At least we are lucky that New England is small. If you live near 495, you can be almost anywhere in 2hrs or less.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Gunnison in NJ. We're going at the end of July

Nah, too far. If I want to get naked, I guess I'd have to get to MV, or in VT at the ledges. VT has almost no parking. MV has, well, liberals and sharks.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hampton state beach. Wife and kids went last week and had a blast while I was at work. She said the private parking was open too, which is only 10 bucks, but you have to walk further.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hampton state beach. Wife and kids went last week and had a blast while I was at work. She said the private parking was open too, which is only 10 bucks, but you have to walk further.
I was hoping to go there, but the state parking is booked up other than for Sunday, when we have other plans. Did you just drive up to the private parking or was some advanced something needed? And, $10 is a good deal... it usually costs more. When we go there in the past, we usually parked at the big lot between the police station and the water slides. But, I presume that's for reservations only. There was also this hotel that had parking in back, I forget what they were called... that has worked before. So, I'm hoping that's still open and possible to get to and not fill up.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to go there, but the state parking is booked up other than for Sunday, when we have other plans. Did you just drive up to the private parking or was some advanced something needed? And, $10 is a good deal... it usually costs more. When we go there in the past, we usually parked at the big lot between the police station and the water slides. But, I presume that's for reservations only. There was also this hotel that had parking in back, I forget what they were called... that has worked before. So, I'm hoping that's still open and possible to get to and not fill up.
I didn’t go, wife took kids by herself. They park at the state beach parking lot, near the rocks where the kids can play. Cruise around 1a where you can and find the private parking, not home yet I’ll ask her for specifics.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Franconia parking will be filled by 8am this weekend, no question. Plus it's not a beginner hike by any means.

If you want a good hike for old people (i.e. not straining on the back), check out Mt Major, Moat Mountain, Mt Willard, Mt. Kearsarge, and Mt Moosilauke.

otherwise, I would find a sandy spot along Winnie and bring a grill and cooler of beers for the day.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife and I have the next several days off, and I've been unable to figure out WTF we're supposed to do during these days. Any ideas? I was hoping to just hang out at the beach, stuff like that. It isn't going well though... these online reservation systems says most everything is booked up. Odiorne Point has openings, but that really isn't a beach... you can walk along the shore. Crane Beach is booked up and they require masks to actually be at the beach, so I noped the eff out of that idea. Even inland NH state parks are all booked up, including ridiculous places like Echo Lake in Franconia... WHY?? That parking lot is huge and I have never failed to drive up to it and find parking, even on a weekend in July. Sunapee, booked up. Greenville, closed... can't even get there. etc. etc. etc.

I also noticed all these "day passes" you have to reserve in advance, are for the entire day. It doesn't account for people who may want to stop by for 2 hours and leave. Those people are still taking up an unused space for the entire day, after they have left.

This is effing pissing me off. This is retarded. People really can no longer just decide "hey lets go there", drive over there, then be there and enjoy their stay... and then leave. I would have turned in my NH State Parks plate if it was possible to do so... town offices closed, so they can't do that by mail.
see if you can rent a small boat out of essex, ride to the end of Crane Beach, drop anchor and enjoy an empty beach all to yourself....or there will be other scofflaw boaters there doing the same....

Same BS here...I want to take the boy camping (I guess the wife and daughter can come too) but I can't camp anywhere. I can go to f***ing Wal Mart but can't pitch a f***ing tent in the woods. Most asinine retard bullshit ever.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Bottom