• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So whats up with the classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you hand over any money, have them open NES on their phone and give you feedback, done.
That reminds me of the Chinese dash cam I bought from Amazon. It came with a 1 year warranty, and it stopped working after a few months.
I messaged the manufacturer, and in broken English they said, no problem, just buy a new one and we will refund 1/2 your money. You will get the other 1/2 when you post a good review.

I told them that warranties don't work like that in America, but they didn't care.
I told Amazon about it and they refunded my money.

When cable tv first came out it was commercial free. Your subscription covered the costs. Now cable is the same as broadcast tv used to be. Apparently NES has followed the same path. Fortunately, it's not a big deal to skim past the classifieds because of the "for sale" labels. Economic reality.

OH NO, TOO MANY GUNS TO CHOOSE FROM!

some people will complain about anything.

The only thing that is a little annoying is the 100+ posts for every caliber of ammo. But, I can easily skip those and they are probably helpful for people that buy factory ammo.

EDIT TO ADD:
If I was a dealer, what I would do to avoid spending so much time posting, I would keep one thread I bump every week with either a link to a website or a link to a SharePoint where people with the link can see but not edit.

Every time I sell a box of ammo, I would update it. That way people have a real time view of what I have. It would only take a few seconds per transaction and it is a lot faster than posting hundreds of threads.

A website with auto refresh every time a box is checked out would be preferred but might be more challenging/ expensive.

Last edited:
I just kind of skip over it. What I find is bothersome is the private seller who has been trying to sell a used gun for two years at a price over retail for a new one and bumping it every two weeks. Eventually blocked them.
Or Noveske lowers.

I don't mind those, I find those pretty funny. You can go laugh at every "bump".

I never understood the logic of paying for use of 'member' classifieds to only have them flooded with dealer listings. The feature on Craigslist that allows you to filter them out (or in) if checking car classifieds etc is pretty cool and IMHO makes Craigslist much more useful. Not my forum, not my rules, so it is what it is here.

Nothing against most of the dealers, but there are a few who spam up the classifieds. Actually some of the worst spammers appear to be dealers BUT apparently are NOT paying dealer dues. If not a dealer, the listings are getting bumped like a screen door in a hurricane. Yeah, let's use caps, bold, the largest font available, and some other obnoxious shit to muck up everyone's browsing.

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌✸ GLOCK 22 ❌❌ 40 CAL ❌❌ NEAR MINT ❌❌ POLICE TURN IN❌❌ $950✸❌❌INCLUDES AFTERMARKET CRAP NOBODY CARES ABOUT BUT I THINK WORTH $$$$✸❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

Yes, I am being a dick but I find it gratifying to do so after having to constantly scroll past this crap. I'd be OK with it if it were something fun like a Florbert Parlor Pedestal Sink. Why not a clear and concise title in standard or only slightly larger size fonts? Not a fan of the ridiculous attention grabbing gimmicks.

ImmenseContentGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif

And IBTL.

I never understood the logic of paying for use of 'member' classifieds to only have them flooded with dealer listings. The feature on Craigslist that allows you to filter them out (or in) if checking car classifieds etc is pretty cool and IMHO makes Craigslist much more useful. Not my forum, not my rules, so it is what it is here.

Nothing against most of the dealers, but there are a few who spam up the classifieds. Actually some of the worst spammers appear to be dealers BUT apparently are NOT paying dealer dues. If not a dealer, the listings are getting bumped like a screen door in a hurricane. Yeah, let's use caps, bold, the largest font available, and some other obnoxious shit to muck up everyone's browsing.

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌✸ GLOCK 22 ❌❌ 40 CAL ❌❌NEAR MINT ❌❌ POLICE TURN IN❌❌$950✸❌❌INCLUDES AFTERMARKET CRAP NOBODY CARES ABOUT BUT I THINK WORTH $$$$✸❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

And IBTL.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but this actually makes me more interested in the item for sale.

I'd like to see a free state section in the classifieds. They are mostly useless to us outside MA as is.
I'd like this too. Last forum I was on, you had a prefix tag of location, before the WTS, WTT, etc. Wouldn't be hard to incorporate a VT, NH, MA, tag. And then you can just filter which tag you want to see.

Or just add a sub forum. Wouldn't have to be broken down to all the subcategories, just call it Free State Firearms, or something.

Sure, there might be the argument that we're only a tiny percent of NES, but Camping and RV got it's own section and only has 19 posts in about a year. So....

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌✸ GLOCK 22 ❌❌ 40 CAL ❌❌NEAR MINT ❌❌ POLICE TURN IN❌❌$950✸❌❌INCLUDES AFTERMARKET CRAP NOBODY CARES ABOUT BUT I THINK WORTH $$$$✸❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

Yes, I am being a dick but I find it gratifying to do so after having to constantly scroll past this crap. I'd be OK with it if it were something fun like a Florbert Parlor Pedestal Sink. Why not a clear and concise title in standard or only slightly larger size fonts? Not a fan of the ridiculous attention grabbing gimmicks.

And IBTL.
lmao I dont care either way but this is hilarious.

I like the option of paying less than used when buying a new gun.
Key words that are a turn off.
Custom= I changed the gun and now it sucks and don't want it.
Pre-Ban=Be prepared to pay twice actual value even in a free state

The dealer spam, the only bad part is their location. As stated, you can mute the dealer not local.

I’m not seeing the problem. Don’t like it? Don’t open it.
What a concept!!!!
This.....

But since we are bitching about the Classifieds for no reason I need to put the words Flobert Parlor Rifle in one of the responses ;

Or its not a true NES Classifieds bitchfest.

Which is kind of a fix. Make them cough up the money to support the website they use to sell their overpriced guns.

I got my Canik from @Ferreira's Firearms , $350 cash for a $430 retail gun, brand new. Has his Dealer tag, good guy, even forgave my fat fingered text which made him think I was going to be 45 mins late when I was running 15 mins early.

Meanwhile, other guys are charging $500 for a MSRP $400 Canik, $750 for a MSRP $600 glock. Wish I could reply to those threads and send people to The Mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom