• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So whats up with the classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnotology

NES Member
It was my understanding that the Classifieds were for non- dealers ( not FFL's) , and Dealers had their own specific sub section. But the majority of the posts in the WTS/WTT sections are from FFL's.

I was very upset that when I thought I was adopting a handgun for a new forever home, that it was just a another puppy mill gun. /s

Block them. That's what i do
+1
Since all the dealers are in MA and only here for the classifieds, it is no big loss to me.

If they were contributing members or NH dealers*, I might think otherwise.

*IMO, not really worth it for NH dealers to get a dealer account here as there are only like 20ish NH members on the board.

This has been hashed out numerous times already. The Dealers are paying about 3-4x for their memberships here than we do, therefore and by RULE dealers are allowed to post in all appropriate classified sections at their leisure.

Two things we can do about it;

1) MOOB
2) skip over their posts of it bothers you that much.

There is no third option that includes whining simply because there’s too many guns for sale.

OP how many guns do you have listed for sale here and how are the dealers interfering with your sales?

This has been hashed out numerous times already. The Dealers are paying about 3-4x for their memberships here than we do, therefore and by RULE dealers are allowed to post in all appropriate classified sections at their leisure.

Two things we can do about it;

1) MOOB
2) skip over their posts of it bothers you that much.

There is no third option that includes whining simply because there’s too many guns for sale.

OP how many guns do you have listed for sale here and how are the dealers interfering with your sales?

Alright, that makes sense. So what's up with all the FFL's selling guns on there without Dealer tags? Just trying to not have to pay for a dealer tag?

None, and they aren't messing with my non-existent sales. I just want to make sure I understand before I list anything. I have no skin in the game, but that doesn't stop me from asking questions.

When I lived up there (in AZ now) I purchased from the classifieds. I still look, but since no one mentions shipping, I buy from individuals on the S&W forum.
Back then, dealers didn't take over that area like they do now.
So I look for chuckles, to see what outrageous prices people are selling Glocks back there.

When I lived up there (in AZ now) I purchased from the classifieds. I still look, but since no one mentions shipping, I buy from individuals on the S&W forum.
Back then, dealers didn't take over that area like they do now.
So I look for chuckles, to see what outrageous prices people are selling Glocks back there.
I spent a week in Sierra Vista up on the side of a mountain when my grandparents retired there..... back in 2002 or so. In the middle of summer. I hated the heat but seeing the Petrified Forest, visiting Tombstone, and learning I could sweat out a gallon of water in an hour was fun.

Most of the dealers post better stuff than the private parties so let em have at it. NES classifieds tends to be the online version of a sad and pathetic fudd-run Massachusetts gun show, but with less beef jerky and Nazi memorabilia.

I just kind of skip over it. What I find is bothersome is the private seller who has been trying to sell a used gun for two years at a price over retail for a new one and bumping it every two weeks. Eventually blocked them.
or a beat up stick mag for 6x retail?

Alright, that makes sense. So what's up with all the FFL's selling guns on there without Dealer tags? Just trying to not have to pay for a dealer tag?

None, and they aren't messing with my non-existent sales. I just want to make sure I understand before I list anything. I have no skin in the game, but that doesn't stop me from asking questions.
Fair enough.

+1
Since all the dealers are in MA and only here for the classifieds, it is no big loss to me.

If they were contributing members or NH dealers*, I might think otherwise.

*IMO, not really worth it for NH dealers to get a dealer account here as there are only like 20ish NH members on the board.
I'd like to see a free state section in the classifieds. They are mostly useless to us outside MA as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom