So, what's for dinner?

C-pher said:
Oh man...Jon, you're going to have to come over one day for breakfast.

My grandmother taught my wife how to make Southern Sausage Biscuits and Gravy.

Holy Snarky is it good. And, it tastes just like my grandma's. I end up eating it until I'm sick. Throw in a few slices of Bacon and two eggs sunny side up soft so you can dip in your toast.... I'm in heaven.
Damn, that all sounds so good! I haven't made it myself yet as I'd probably be the only one in the house that would eat it. I order a complete breakfast like you listed at the Cracker Barrel when we go. It's sooooo yummy.

Well, wound up with chinese sausage, freedom-fried sweet potatoes and green beans (Donna grew the potatoes and green beans in her backyard). Now since Donna's hubby is at Commandery tonight, I'll make some of Jon's stew tonight and invite her over to return the favor.

TonyD said:
Mine was simply awesome! Emeril himself would had to have given it 5 stars.

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Tonight is chicken in bayberry syrup. I got a bottle of it (the syrup) for a present and I used it on pork - it was quite yummy. I thought I'd use the rest on it on chicken tonight.

JonJ said:
I was waiting to hear how it came out. Good, huh?

Oh, yeah.

Seems to come out best with the addition of half a package of baby portobellos, no celery, do NOT forget the carrots and cooked on high for 4 hours. I didn't like it the time I tried it on low for 8-10 hours; meat was still tough.

Right on Ross, the mushrooms make it but I use a whole package. The kids don't like them so they pick 'em out and I get them.

Hey Mrs. WW, I want to eat at your house tonight!

Skald said:
Homemade 5 Alarm Chili

Gonna see if I can kill my old man this time around [twisted]

If you were close, I could help you with that. I have just a few more Habanaros on my plant that just turned red. I think that that's going to be all until next year...

I would have given you one for such a good cause.

Tonight will be left-over pork loin and venison BBQ sammich's with coleslaw and corn on the cob. I just made a new batch of my home made BBQ sauce last night. Mmmmmm. :p

Fish chowder

1 White onion.
1 shallot.
3 potatoes.
2 Tbls butter. I'm using Kerry gold.
1/2 teaspoon of the famous rendered bacon fat we talk about.
1-1/2 lbs. COD.
1 cup fish stock.
Quart or so of whole milk.
Pinch of pepper. I'm using white.
Tinsy pinch garlic.
I'll add seasoned salt to taste. Switch over to table if it becomes to strong.

Might garnish with some chopped cilantro.. We'll see if the favors jive.

Back
Top Bottom