So, what's for dinner?

TonyD

One Shot One Maggie's Drawers
Just wondering what everyone was planning for this evening's meal.

Oh, me, you ask? What am I planning, you inquire?

Well, just so happens I'll be fixing 'Leg O'Bambi'. That's right, a nice juicy succulent roast I've been marinading over night and all day today. Slow roasted on the grill with onions, green peppers, baby carrots and new potatoes, served with side dishes of fresh field peas and yellow saffron rice. :D

JonJ said:
Sounds yummy but I have to ask....Did you hit anyone with it first?

No contact. Just some innocent brandishing. Didn't want to bruise the meat. Wasn't very intimidating, though, as I had already deboned. :(

I'm not sure what we're going to do for dinner.

I was thinking of doing Brats on the Grill in a beer bath with onions and peppers.

And, also doing potatoes on the grill. They are cubed and mixed with BBQ sauce, corn, onions, hot peppers and sauce, and a crapload of garlic.

Wrap it up in foil and let that cook on the grill as well...

It makes for a decent dinner.

But Tony's sounds better...

Lynne said:
Tonight....we're having my chili....with beef. :D
Mmmmm With beans in it too?
Don't know what we're having. I have to go to the mall in Kingston and run the kiddie choo choo train for our Lodge. It's an easy fundraiser. I'm leaving dinner to Barb tonight. But I'm gonna have Taco Bell for lunch Burrrppppp!

Lynne said:

I went to my Girlfreinds Aunts yesterday for some homemade chilie...yummy.

Tonight I am going to my moms I think we are having steak. I go there once a week for dinner. She's a great cook.

Must be the time of year for chile. I made up a big batch of red yesterday, and am going to put some sweat equity into a batch of chile verde this week in time for a Christmas party on Saturday.

JonJ said:
Don't know what we're having. I have to go to the mall in Kingston and run the kiddie choo choo train for our Lodge. It's an easy fundraiser.

Kiddie choo choo train? Details, Brother, details!!

Did the Charlton RR move to Plymouth?

JonJ said:
Lynne said:
Mmmmm With beans in it too?

Ofcourse dear - dark red kidney beans. Plus onions, celery, green peppers, tomatoes (a whole bunch), black sliced olives, chili powder, Ortega's chili seasoning packet (I don't do REAL hot), and a separate bowl of hot peppers for Ed to add (he's got the asbestos stomach). And, of course, shredded cheese to melt over the top of it when it's served. :D It's simmering now...and I keep sampling it. [lol] Oh year...and browned hamburger too.

Hamburger Helper. With a side of aspharagus and salad. That's for the kiddies. Wife and I are supposed to be going to an open house at the Cancer Connection. Munchies for us.

But I did have a broiled steak and salad for lunch.

Marinaided Sirloin tips cooked on the grill (I BBQ all year round) with Mashed Potatoes, and mixed vegies from a Trader Joe's bag. (^_^)

Whatever is left from tonight will be chopped up and added to the crockpot which will be simmering a chilie for tomorrow night

Planning a Roast chicken later this week so that we can have the oven on pumping out some good heat. (^_^)

There is ONE good thing about a newborn... You seem to be home more to cook. (^_^)

I don't BBQ all year round, mainly because I don't have a smoker. But I do BBQ on my grill. It's just not as tight as a smoker. But I just turn on one burner all the over to the left. Then place whatever I'm going to cook on the right. Then place a smoke box over the lit burner. It works OK. Still want a smoker so I can do some real Southern or Tennessee BBQ. I use mainly rubs...

But I do Grill all year round. My neighbors have more than once made a comment about seeing me out on the porch working the grill in a heavy winter jacket and gloves while isn't snowing outside.

Hell, I keep my BJ Membership just to get a good deal on Propane. I go through enough propane that it pays for itself.

C-pher said:
But I do Grill all year round. My neighbors have more than once made a comment about seeing me out on the porch working the grill in a heavy winter jacket and gloves while isn't snowing outside.

Hell, I keep my BJ Membership just to get a good deal on Propane. I go through enough propane that it pays for itself.

It's all your fault, C-ph. Last week I shoveled out a path to the grill so I could grill my brots instead of using the oven...

I pay about $2/ gallon for Propane.

I got a tap put in off of my new 500 gallon tank for the grill. :D

dwarven1 said:
JonJ said:
Don't know what we're having. I have to go to the mall in Kingston and run the kiddie choo choo train for our Lodge. It's an easy fundraiser.

Kiddie choo choo train? Details, Brother, details!!

Did the Charlton RR move to Plymouth?
No, I wish the Charlton RR moved to Plymouth! From what I hear it's still in storage and doesn't have much of a future.
The Pyramid Mall has a kiddie train they set up during the Christmas season. Non-profits get to run it to make some money. They charge $2 per ride and the money is split with the mall. It's a good fundraiser. We have it this week and the week after Christmas.

OK on the beans Lynne. Just making sure, some people don't like 'em. Cornbread to go with it?

JonJ said:
No, I wish the Charlton RR moved to Plymouth! From what I hear it's still in storage and doesn't have much of a future.
THAT'S a true pity.
JonJ said:
The Pyramid Mall has a kiddie train they set up during the Christmas season. Non-profits get to run it to make some money. They charge $2 per ride and the money is split with the mall. It's a good fundraiser. We have it this week and the week after Christmas.

Nice! Wonder if the local malls have something similar? I'll have to look into that.

Dinner will be Chinese of some variety; my friends are taking pity on me since I've been abandoned for the next couple of days. (SWMBO is at Eglin AFB for meetings)

dwarven1 said:
JonJ said:
THAT'S a true pity.
JonJ said:

Nice! Wonder if the local malls have something similar? I'll have to look into that.
Ya it is a pity. They lost the space at the Home because of all the construction. Big $$$ took precedence over the RR.

We make pretty good money doing this. They make the wrapping stations available for the same purpose too.
Any malls near you owned by Pyramid?

JonJ said:
We make pretty good money doing this. They make the wrapping stations available for the same purpose too.
Any malls near you owned by Pyramid?

Doesn't look like it. Hadley, Holyoke, Lanesborough (wherever THAT is) and the Independence Mall in Kingston.

I used to have to go to that mall for work when I worked for the company that owned the Vacation Outlets.

Tonight I had breakfast for dinner. Veggie sausages, scrambled eggs with soyrizo, oat nut toast and sauteed potatoes...

Damn I sound like a hippie. I swear I shoot guns. Cross my heart!

JonJ said:
Lynne said:
Nope...made some biscuts to go with it. Quite yummy. :D
Mmmmm I love biscuts, especially with sausage gravy!

Oh man...Jon, you're going to have to come over one day for breakfast.

My grandmother taught my wife how to make Southern Sausage Biscuits and Gravy.

Holy Snarky is it good. And, it tastes just like my grandma's. I end up eating it until I'm sick. Throw in a few slices of Bacon and two eggs sunny side up soft so you can dip in your toast.... I'm in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom