• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SO what will happen if I put some tracers in my lead pot?

You could put a bullet in a spent casing. Replace the weight of powder with some sand. That would be harmless.

The sand would float. I don't know how much in a case to make it sink. Rocks float in lead. that's why I'm saying you will need more lead on top to force it down.

I guess you're going to have to drop a .50 cal in.

I think with a shop vac not much would happen, but with an upright with the beater bar where things typically get stuck and flail around in there several times before getting sucked up, the odds of an explosion from impact are somewhat higher lmao...

-Mike
Still cant see it being all that eventful.

Still cant see it being all that eventful.
I had one light up on me once. It all depends on what's in there already. An empty vacuum? Probably not a big deal, but one that was used as a dust collector for a router table and had a bunch of powder it it? Different story.

I had one light up on me once. It all depends on what's in there already. An empty vacuum? Probably not a big deal, but one that was used as a dust collector for a router table and had a bunch of powder it it? Different story.
my uncles shop had a saw dust flash fire. Pretty crazy event. i also remember the mill in rockland mass going poof.

my uncles shop had a saw dust flash fire. Pretty crazy event. i also remember the mill in rockland mass going poof.

I grew up in Ashland NH and Rochester shoe tree is there. They make shoe stretchers out of cedar. I remember once or twice they had flash fires. The biggest one I remember went through the whole place. Everyone there got burned, although I believe it was only 1st degree burns. IIRC The filtration system wasnt working properly.

Back
Top Bottom