So, what firearms are you buying this weekend (MA)?

Why do you regret selling? I thought that the trigger on the bodyguard was so bad that it made it hard to shoot accurate, or maybe things changed since they first came out?

Mine is indeed crap. Super long, which can be ok in some guns (Kahr comes to mind there), but it also has a lot of creep and grit, with a very unsatisfying break. Then there's the fact that when fully pulled, it feels like your trigger finger is in the palm of your hand, making the grip awkward. A lot of this can be worked out of the gun, but honestly, I never felt interested in it enough to do it. Add in light primer strikes and mine has been a safe queen after the first month shooting it. I got mine free though from a friend bringing me into shooting, so I can't complain too much.

Although, mine was also second hand, so who knows if I just have a beat up gun. I just disliked how the trigger made me almost break form/grip with how far back I had to pull in such a tiny gun.

Why do you regret selling? I thought that the trigger on the bodyguard was so bad that it made it hard to shoot accurate, or maybe things changed since they first came out?
I remember shooting it very well, sold it after I got a hammer less light weight J-Frame in .357 (can’t remember the model) most unpleasant handgun to shoot I ever owned, then ended up buying the same gun in a steel frame hoping it would be better... should have just never let go of the Bodyguard...

I got it for the convenience of a pocket gun in some circumstances. Trigger is long but plan on training alot to get used to it.
Buy a variety of ammo.. BG is the most finicky gun I’ve ever owned. Dumped that thing quick couldnt trust that to perform as my EDC. I conceal my 365 just as easy now

BG380 isn’t bad after you break it in. It was my first gun and I put just over 1000 round through it. The only reason I sold it was because 1. Irritating Crimson Trace laser on there was unnecessary (disappears in fluorescent light, i.e range light) 2. I had Big Dot night sights and like 3 dot better 3. Long creepy Joe Biden trigger break like dagrant99 & Reluctant Decoy stressed. The trigger pull really is excruciating compared with the Sig P365. This just has to do with Sig’s superior materials and S&W’s obsession with MA compliant specs. I would buy one again but not after buying the other guns on my xmas list first.

I've owned a lot of pocket pistols and the BG380 is the only one I never even considered buying. The trigger feel is horrible, they're kinda chunky, and I keep reading posts about reliability/quality problems years after they first started popping up.

I've owned a lot of pocket pistols and the BG380 is the only one I never even considered buying. The trigger feel is horrible, they're kinda chunky, and I keep reading posts about reliability/quality problems years after they first started popping up.

I have one also, got it for my wife, no way she could pull it. I have about 3000 rounds and 2000 dry fires in it and it's still tight. I keep it on my ankle, but also hope I don;t have to resort to it as a last option.

I have one also, got it for my wife, no way she could pull it. I have about 3000 rounds and 2000 dry fires in it and it's still tight. I keep it on my ankle, but also hope I don;t have to resort to it as a last option.

See if you can get your hands on a Taurus TCP. They're dirt cheap in free states. The trigger is extremely light for a .380, but it's also very long so it's not a safety issue. The grip is also wider than other pocket guns and the last girlfriend I took shooting liked it. I prefer the LCP I have now, but the TCP was unusually comfortable.

I really want a 1911 and have no idea why.

That's not exactly a weird gun to want for no specific reason. The PS90 carbine I was recently eyeballing is a weird gun to want for no reason. Exotic, pricey caliber and neutered mags in MA, taking away one of it's best attributes. Not sure why I currently have it hot on my brain, but I think my logical side has control for now. I hope for my wallet's sake it stays that way.

Mine is indeed crap. Super long, which can be ok in some guns (Kahr comes to mind there), but it also has a lot of creep and grit, with a very unsatisfying break. Then there's the fact that when fully pulled, it feels like your trigger finger is in the palm of your hand, making the grip awkward. A lot of this can be worked out of the gun, but honestly, I never felt interested in it enough to do it. Add in light primer strikes and mine has been a safe queen after the first month shooting it. I got mine free though from a friend bringing me into shooting, so I can't complain too much.

Although, mine was also second hand, so who knows if I just have a beat up gun. I just disliked how the trigger made me almost break form/grip with how far back I had to pull in such a tiny gun.
I think I was mistaken here, I was talking about a S&W Bodyguard revolver in .38 Special, a J-Frame with a shrouded hammer...

I think I was mistaken here, I was talking about a S&W Bodyguard revolver in .38 Special, a J-Frame with a shrouded hammer...

Whoops! My fault. Should have backtracked further for context. I was talking about my BG380 semi auto, so what I wrote doesn't apply to your revolver (at least I have no experience with the revolver).

1911 like a crazy broad..
Unreliable, extremely fussy, old, well used and worn out, every time you show it off it lets you down, can't wait to get rid of it, but can't imagine life without one! [rofl2]

So I went with the Henry Big Boy .41 mag as my FU Baker/Healy/Coronavirus purchase, all ordered and paid for...now the waiting!!
Was nice being in Shooting Supply for a change too. Was able to get a same day appointment too but I'm sure that won't happen on the weekend.

Went into my LGS this morning and bought an airgun to defend the bird feeders. Glad to hand over some change to a business that needed it. I should call the PD and see if they're open, is the FRB processing ltc apps yet?

I want to see someone here buy a Sig P365 and put a flashlight, laser, and RDS on the top of it. And then lecture us all about how larger handguns are
obsolete. [rofl]

-Mike
[laugh]
Give it time. I'm sure someone will do it...

In the market for a newer AK but seems all you can find these days are a million norinco's and the person who thinks they will sell their WASR10 for $1200

The President sent me a bunch of money to stimulate the economy , so I ran out and bought a Beretta 92 FS INOX.
I really would rather had a blued one but who knows how long I might have had to wait.
First time out it was keeping Federal range ammo in a couple inch group @ 50 feet..
It made me feel good to help the economy and I'm hoping that it annoyed the poop out of maura.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom