So, what firearms are you buying this weekend (MA)?

Made a couple calls to find one today. No luck. Will try some more tomorrow. I’m set on the specific model I want so I’ll wait if I have to.

Gun Rack had one posted on armslist and dean safety posted some on here today.

Damn, my CCW expired last week because the PD has been shut down for 6 weeks. They said it's still good because I was in process of renewal when things shut down. You think I might still be able to buy something?

steel shooter- I dont think you can purchase anything.

I had my appointment for January 31st , they had to cancel and couldn't get me back in until middle of March and then they shut down for good. They just decided to allow to renew by mail, so now I wait.....

I've a rifle sitting at FS ordered just before the shutdown ,I'll call Carl to make an appointment or if I'm lucky he'll call me we shall see how this works out.

Speaking of 686... picked one of these up today. Already put on Hogue wood grips and extended barrel release. Hoping to pick up my other orders on Sat. Helicopter $ [rockon]

"extended barrel release? I know Fudds say those two piece barrels are iffy but this I gotta see

Damn, my CCW expired last week because the PD has been shut down for 6 weeks. They said it's still good because I was in process of renewal when things shut down. You think I might still be able to buy something?
steel shooter- I dont think you can purchase anything.
I believe he can legally purchase guns with his expired LTC and his renewal paperwork showing he applied for renewal before expiration, however I’ve been told some gun shops won’t sell even though it’s legal.

For the record, I bought ammo at WalMart with an expired LTC and my renewal paperwork.

I believe he can legally purchase guns with his expired LTC and his renewal paperwork showing he applied for renewal before expiration, however I’ve been told some gun shops won’t sell even though it’s legal.

For the record, I bought ammo at WalMart with an expired LTC and my renewal paperwork.

I think you're right. But I wonder whether the slammed gunshops are going to want to mess with that when there's lower-hanging PIN fruit they can sell to more rapidly.

Volume is what they'll be looking for, at least this week.

Assuming that you have a MIRCS receipt, read the paragraph at the bottom of that sheet . . . and keep it with you. If you don't have that MIRCS receipt you are SOL, sorry.

True and shocking that someone at WM can read (and comprehend)!

I think you're right. But I wonder whether the slammed gunshops are going to want to mess with that when there's lower-hanging PIN fruit they can sell to more rapidly.

Volume is what they'll be looking for, at least this week.
It's exactly the same for expired/MIRCS receipt sale as a valid LTC sale. Plenty of idiot dealers who can't read however, so it is always a crapshoot.

Volume? You have to be kidding . . . state demanded (and judge allowed) ONLY 4 transactions/hour. That ain't volume, that is for sure.

Go onto MIRCS and do a validate. If your LTC and pin come back as valid you can buy. If they don’t you cannot

Assuming that you have a MIRCS receipt, read the paragraph at the bottom of that sheet . . . and keep it with you. If you don't have that MIRCS receipt you are SOL, sorry.

True and shocking that someone at WM can read (and comprehend)!

It's exactly the same for expired/MIRCS receipt sale as a valid LTC sale. Plenty of idiot dealers who can't read however, so it is always a crapshoot.

The receipt is of zero value if they are not valid in MIRCS. If I can’t do the MIRCS transaction I am in violation of my dealers license. Not happening. The receipt might get you ammo or high cap preban mags, but it won’t get you a gun unless valid in MIRCS. It’s not about reading the law relative to LTC validity, it’s about reading the law relative to conditions of ones dealer license. No MIRCS, no gun. No way.

If they are in process it will be valid. If the new one has been printed by the state, the old one will not validate. Then your are SOL until your new one arrives. I’ve seen this happen too many times. The new one gets printed which invalidates the old expired one and then the city/town sits it it for weeks. No dealer can do anything for you at that point.

While Mass turtled NH stores remained open, so I bought what I needed there. Every shop in Mass should have defied Baker's unconstitutional command. If every shop stayed open there would have been nothing Baker and his gestapo could have done about it. I'm all set with Mass. My money will be spent elsewhere.

While Mass turtled NH stores remained open, so I bought what I needed there. Every shop in Mass should have defied Baker's unconstitutional command. If every shop stayed open there would have been nothing Baker and his gestapo could have done about it. I'm all set with Mass. My money will be spent elsewhere.

An unfortunate reality for gun stores in MA is that many people have found legal workarounds to get what they need and want.

Originally it may have been plan B probably, but as more bullshit becomes commonplace its become Plan A and many times your saving money in the process. ( ex. Buying ammo online, guns online, or off list guns at normal rather than MA markup).

Becoming a reliable customer of a solid constitutional thinking FFL in state. One who doesnt get bothered with petty spewings of Boston blowhards is relatively important.

Your not going to pick up the phone and find these people,your not going to find a thread on NES about it, your going to work with them over years, build a trust and become their friends. They will have your back on a rainy day.

I used to spend a ton of $$ at Rileys. After they closed I decided I was going to do my best to support the local guy so lately I've been trying to swing all my business to Shawsheen in Billerica.

I've been buying guns during this BS whether mauron likes it or not. [rofl]

Same here. I'm kinda disappointed the shut-down has ended- not as much fun as thwarting an unlawful edict. That, and somehow I feel like this 4 transactions an hour thing is evil.

Back
Top Bottom