So what do you shoot in your AR-15?

I bought 5000 rounds of PMC and 5000 rounds of silver bear in early 2008, so far thats all I've been shooting.

Lately have been shooting the green tipped Radway Green M855.

I have some to spare if anyone needs it.
attachment.php

I bought a case of Wolf back when the prices were right but stopped using it when I found that the bullets were steel cased with an incredibly thin layer of plating. My barrels are too expensive to risk with this crap.

I now shoot 100% reloads in centerfire but do a lot of practice with a dedicated 22 LR AR I built.

I bought a case of Wolf back when the prices were right but stopped using it when I found that the bullets were steel cased with an incredibly thin layer of plating. My barrels are too expensive to risk with this crap.

I now shoot 100% reloads in centerfire but do a lot of practice with a dedicated 22 LR AR I built.
I'm shooting Brown Bear out of mine right now. I can't afford anything else [sad]

For the .556/223 ARs, mostly Winchester and lake city .556. I'm fairly well stocked up on both. I avoid the steel case stuff, I won't use steel case in mine only because I feel they will beat the hell out of my extractors, if for no other reason. On the AK, I use only steel, so as not to seem a steel case snob. AK's were built for it. AR's not so much. On the dedicated .22 AR's, I like the Agulla product line. I'm actually messing around with them a bit. I've wiped off the wax coating and replaced it with a blast of remi-dry lube. Gonna give it a whirl on the next outing. I know, the .22 guys love the wax build up in the lands and grooves but the upper I'm using has a moly-teflon coating on it. We'll see. For the 308 AR, I've keept it only on Remington core-locks. Expensive, sort of, not so much, whatever, but so is the rifle. I have battle packs, but only if needed. I hardly ever use it. Love it, actually my favorite, but it's the queen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom