So, what do they do with your photo and fingerprint data when you receive your LTC?

Friday

NES Member
I asked this at my PD when submitting my application, and the detective only mentioned there was some sort of flap over it possibly being part of the criminal records database. He didn't think that was the case, because as legal gun owners we would not be suspects, and would have clean records.

He sort of chuckled when I mentioned that the process for applying for a gun was the same as booking an criminal, except we get to walk out at the end.

So, what the hell do they do with all that information?

The Same reason that both Lawful gun owners and Sex offenders both have to notify the same place when we move.

"So, what the hell do they do with all that information?"

They throw all the info into a huge tank. Then at 10:15 a.m. every tuesday they pick a name out of the tank and spy on that person with satellites and thought-reading machines. Scary stuff. It's almost time to put your tinfoil on!

You should be more worried about what they do with the DNA information they get after pulling your epithelials from the print card.

So, what the hell do they do with all that information?

They put both on the license, use the fingerprints for the background check, and enter your index finger print into MIRCS so you can use the fingerprint reader at dealers.

They put both on the license, use the fingerprints for the background check, and enter your index finger print into MIRCS so you can use the fingerprint reader at dealers.

..then, of course, each time you use the fingerprint reader at the dealers it steals a small bit of your DNA - which the culture via stem cells to create a duplicate copy of you. This duplicate is programed to be a liberal. The next time you go in for a vaccination they're going to kidnap you and replace you with your liberal doppleganger.

..then, of course, each time you use the fingerprint reader at the dealers it steals a small bit of your DNA - which the culture via stem cells to create a duplicate copy of you. This duplicate is programed to be a liberal. The next time you go in for a vaccination they're going to kidnap you and replace you with your liberal doppleganger.

+2 for most likely the strangest (and scary) thing I'll read all day.

I find it hard to believe it isn't placed into the fed database.

And then it is stored in an unsecure, unencrypted database, and if your information is compromised (now someone has your name, address, ssn, and digital fingerprint) that's just too bad for you.

They are under no obligation to protect your information.

I asked this at my PD when submitting my application, and the detective only mentioned there was some sort of flap over it possibly being part of the criminal records database. He didn't think that was the case, because as legal gun owners we would not be suspects, and would have clean records.

How is the officer/police department to know a person is "clean" when applying before the background check? All sorts of criminals own guns and he doesn't know of you're a legal gun owner or not.

He sort of chuckled when I mentioned that the process for applying for a gun was the same as booking an criminal, except we get to walk out at the end.

And you get to pay for the process, too...

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom