• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So the pistol I'm considering comes with a manual safety.

I like how small it is. Also, it's a company with a good reputation for quality and they say it's an accurate gun. The trigger is loooooong, though.

I need a "poor-man's" Kahr PM9 (they don't sell the CW9 in Mass). There isn't much as small as the Kahr out there, though. I may just get an LC9 and be done with it.

although a lot of people complain about the PPS trigger.... i never had issues with it... even w / the MA trigger, which you can change the disconnector with ease (ok, it's not easy).

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/55330-Walther-PPS-trigger?highlight=PPS+trigger

there is another thread but i can't find it. do a search for PPS on here, you'll see most people are happy with them...

I highly regret selling my PPS. I sold it to get a PM9, and realized the PPS, was a better fit for me, as I don't really pocket carry. If I do pocket carry, it's my 642, which is a rarity.

The beretta 92 has a safety that, if you don't disengage on your draw, is really cumbersome.

I prefer to load a round in the chamber, lower the hammer and take the safety off. Cocked, DA and unlocked if you will. I also don't carry it, it just sits near the bed when it isn't at the range so my needs are different from those of someone's who's carrying it. I am not a fan of the slide mounted, backwards (up for "fire") 92FS safety.

On my SR9c, I use the safety and have never had an issue with it. I practice drawing and my thumb just goes right to it. Whenever it goes into the holster, I first visually check for a chambered round, check the magazine for fullness and flick on the safety. That way I'm sure of its condition and I feel more comfortable.

I carry the Khar PM 9 Ma**h*** version. I engaged the safety one time for a function check. After that, I set it to "kill" and never touched it again. It's pretty stiff and not likely to change position on its own. It's designed in a way that if you were to carry it on "Safe", you could easily train your thumb to glide under the switch as you grip the pistol. It would be better if it did not have a safety, but I would not let that deter you from getting an awesome pistol.

Is the Kahr CM9 legal in massachusetts? I can't afford the PM9 right now, as I've spent a good chunk of change on other guns since I got my LTC a month ago.

I'll admit that I do sometimes pocket carry an LC9. And I keep the safety on because the pocket holster makes it feel to bulky. But I rarely carry that gun anyway.

I tend to keep firearm safeties in "fire" mode anyway with that lone exception. Rifles, shotguns, handguns with manual safeties, etc.

You sure about dat? [rofl]

Pretty awesome video... It takes balls to stand up and say, "I was negligent, it wasn't an accident, I'm an idiot. Here's the proof. Don't let this happen to you." I saw the clip of him shooting himself on the "fail compilation" video that got posted a while back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. It might take some legwork (actually it will) to find the gun you want, but you can possess any handgun. As it has said a billion times before, the compliance horsesh** applies only to the dealer, not you.

Except in cases where post-ban guns dont offer a 10 round magazine, you can have the gun but no magazine, would suck to have to load 1 round at a time [wink]

I personally would rather have a 1911 as a carry gun cocked and locked then guns like a glock.

I own and carry 1911s. I own and have carried Glocks. Both work for me.

I shoot with my strong hand thumb on the saftey so im bot worried about shutting it off.
I know the gun can't just randomly go off. But I know If I found my self at that time and place need to fire out of hate(self defense). I'd rather have to hit the thumb safty , then risk my hand slipping unholsetering putting a bullet in my butt and leg or thigh...

I use a high thumbs grip with a Glock as well. Personally, I feel just as safe carrying and shooting a Glock as I do a 1911. And Glocks are drop safe, whereas most 1911s are Series 70 and thus are not (which doesn't prevent me from carrying them).

Back
Top Bottom