• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So the Mrs. wanted to give this a try....

We went to the range last week with the Mrs. for a little practice. She is a fairly new handgun shooter and was having some trouble with the longer trigger pull on my G34 for production.
I let her try out my open gun with the nice single action trigger...I think I created a monster.

We went back yesterday to practice shooting some steel, as she wants to shoot an upcoming steel challenge. She did a little dryfire to get used to drawing from the Ghost holster.
This was probably her 4th or 5th run of the day.... having never done any types of transitions ever.

I think she did great for her 1st time out of a holster. Little bit of dryfire every week and she is going to be dangerous....
I think I need to start looking for another gun.

[video=youtube_share;icr8NLnsy8U]http://youtu.be/icr8NLnsy8U[/video]

Awesome. I want to try to get my GF out to a steel challenge at some point. She enjoyed the 22 with a red dot the one time I got her to the range.

Awesome! Buy/build a .22 open gun. That is, unless she wants to help make ammo. Natalie used to help me by case gaging ammo but that stopped when she starting knitting.

She wants to shoot uspsa too, so the 22 won't fly.....
She wanted to start on steel first because of the minimal movement involved.
If she sticks with it, I may be looking for a 1050.....

She wants to shoot uspsa too, so the 22 won't fly.....
She wanted to start on steel first because of the minimal movement involved.
If she sticks with it, I may be looking for a 1050.....

That's great Steve.. sounds like you wouldn't "really" have a problem if you had to get a 1050 and another open gun for the family!

Ya know, I saw this "So the Mrs. wanted to give this a try...." for a topic and was expecting something a little more... interesting.
Whipping2.gif

Back
Top Bottom