• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So the Fed Gov shuts down tomorrow...

You don't? You whisk some milk in with the egg before dipping the bread in!

I suppose you don't put milk in your scrambled eggs either, huh?

Milk does NOT belong in french toast or scrambled eggs, despite the fact that lots of people do it. I think it had its origins on the farm, where you could "stretch" your scrambled eggs by diluting them with milk, kinda like making chili mac. It can, depending on the temperature you cook your scrambled eggs, make them a little fluffier, but this is due to the water content of the milk, so if you are doing it for fluffiness, just add a little water to your scrambled eggs. The steam from the boiling water is what helps the fluff factor.

In terms of what to add to your french toast mix, I add a little water, a little cinnamon, and a little vanilla. That can make for some epic french toast.

So... if the federal government shuts down then we don't have to pay federal taxes... right? [hmmm] [wink]

I dont know what you egg guys are going to do.
Yesterday that lovely woman Babara Boxer was on TV saying that we cant have a shut down because the .gov egg inspectors will be off work.
No govt = no inspections= poison salmonella eggs.
Oh the horror!

I dont know what you egg guys are going to do.
Yesterday that lovely woman Babara Boxer was on TV saying that we cant have a shut down because the .gov egg inspectors will be off work.
No govt = no inspections= poison salmonella eggs.
Oh the horror!

So can someone please explain to me why the douchebags in Washington are necessary to the security of the country, but FDA inspectors are not?

It's all a big puppet show. The only point here is to try and instill fear.

“Programs people rely on will be cut back,” said Mr. Obama, who said Americans had to begin to live within their means. “Needed infrastructure projects will be delayed.”

Someone hurry up and nominate this guy for another nobel prize.

"Essential" probably has to do with immediate consequences to health and safety, meaning hospitals, police, fire, etc, that happen to belong to the federal government. There are plenty of government functions that are essential to a modern civilization that can stand to take a week off, like the mint, and CDC. And there are some that really aren't necessary but which everyone wants, like the federal parks.

I bet NICS will be down. I'm wondering about efile.

I'd say CDC is pretty important, with diseases right up there with hospitals, police, fire. I already mentioned that parks could function OK with no personnel, just open the gate and let people in. As far as NICS, isn't there some requirement that if they don't respond within a certain time frame that the sale must be let through?

You've got to love Harry Reid having the stones to actually go out and give a speech about the historic levels of spending cuts they were 'able to achieve' through hard negotiation.

The poor SOB doesn't even know when he's been kicked in the mouth!

I'd say CDC is pretty important, with diseases right up there with hospitals, police, fire. I already mentioned that parks could function OK with no personnel, just open the gate and let people in. As far as NICS, isn't there some requirement that if they don't respond within a certain time frame that the sale must be let through?

If NICS is closed there is no check so there is no fail open provision in the law for that. (EG, the nics system being down does not constitute a "Delay" result code, and you can only do the 3 day runout thing if you get a "Delay" response. ) The system does not fail open legally speaking.

It will not be down anyways even if there was a government shutdown- NICS is part of FBI CJIS which has big time law enforcement systems supported by it.

If NICS was ever down by anything other than the usual temporary computer problems, then it is probably "go time". [laugh]

-Mike

You've got to love Harry Reid having the stones to actually go out and give a speech about the historic levels of spending cuts they were 'able to achieve' through hard negotiation.

The poor SOB doesn't even know when he's been kicked in the mouth!

Very true !

1288.gif

Back
Top Bottom