• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So now what will happen now that the "panic" is over?

I do believe this is happening. I have had 2 liberal acquaintances that I have debated gun control with ask me for a reference for a MA LTC since the election.

What did you say in response? I would have told them to choose someone else...

There's no such thing as price gouging. Gun shops raised their prices in order to keep product on the shelves. And it's worked mostly. They'll lower them when supply increases and/or demand ebbs.

ECON101.

Gun shops didn't raise shit, it's usually the mids, the oxygen thieves of the industry. Strictly speaking it isn't "gouging" but I'll laugh in anyones face that tries to tell me that mids (and maybe a few handfuls of shitty dealers) don't intentionally manipulate the market every time something bad happens. (like the 800 dollar ARs becoming 1200 overnight ) That said the solution is always the same if people don't pay the shit price then eventually they go away.

Said I would take them to the range to introduce them to shooting anything they were interested in. Ammo is on me. One of them has me texting him each time I go to let him know......He will make it eventually once his schedule frees up. IMO we need to assist in bringing people to our side.

Why? The more shooters in the community, the more they'll see how assanine the laws are and start advocating for their change. Don't be a liberal, be welcoming of new people.

I think the market will hit distributorships harder than shops. The distributors engaged in a lot of price manipulation by strategically withholding inventory at different times and territories. They will get burned having certain ammo and firearms overstocked in the warehouse because they played games during peak demand expecting to make a mint if new manufacturing to got shut down by a hostile administration.

I doubt it, there's still enough constant demand in the market for them to sell stuff off at a lower rate.. Not to mention most of the mids have made a killing over the obama admin so camping on some inventory is hardly the worst thing for them. This isn't like computer parts or cars which rapidly depreciate just sitting around. They would only really get burned if they overpaid for stuff, which they usually won't do- Or if clinton got elected and put some kind of emergency dictatorial gun sale ban in place.

Look at the ammo market alone, I would guess that even at this point it's not that far ahead vs demand. Years of whining panic have destroyed built up.surpluses.

Look at the ammo market alone, I would guess that even at this point it's not that far ahead vs demand. Years of whining panic have destroyed built up.surpluses.
Ammo prices have also stabilized at a price distinctly above the pre-panic prices, which has led to the entry of new players such as Sig that were apparently uninterested at the low margin earlier price point for the market.

Everyones made some really good points but at the end of the day if you want something you're going to buy it much like the ridiculous KSG affect. People throwing their money out the windows paying as much as $300 over cost on NES because they had to have it when availability was limited and even now dealers still selling it with huge price differences one store to the next. The market will bear what it can buyers will feed into the frenzy. I think Dr. Grant is right, we may lose some weaker stores but the market will survive and their business will go elsewhere. Its the nature of things. You can't be a hobbyist gun shop owner and hang out with some old rifles and a couple of new firearms (and yes I like those old shops for the record). Its a business or its a moneypit.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom