So now what will happen now that the "panic" is over?

Over? Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?...

I'm still buying like everything will be banned tomorrow.

This.
If you think that the panic is over you are wrong.
On a state level and a federal level now is the time to hit the gas and be as active as possible on 2A rights and prepping for a swing back to a liberal majority.
We have the potential to gain some ground in the next 2-4 years.
I suspect that in 6-12 months there will be some price cuts on guns and ammo. If you can I would start buying like its 2020.

In Masslandia, you never know what happy-horsesh*t the AG will try to pull.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they start trying to register ammo sales or go after EVERYTHING semi-automatic.

Who says the panic is over, it's just shifting to a different demographic...

p1oZent.jpg

If you do it right, you will have enough for a long time. Think, one box of primers, one pound of powder and a few hundred bullets every month, or every other month. Before Trump's presidency is over you will be well over the "legal" limit and will have enough for a few years. If you shoot a pistol cartridge, then you can stock lead instead of bullets.

Who says the panic is over, it's just shifting to a different demographic...

Yeah I'm sure the industry will see a huge boost by like .05% of the moonbat demographic "arming up." That's a shitload of people... [rofl]

Ironically that post even sounds fake... like who the **** would buy 3 G17Ls? [rofl] /boggle.

-Mike

I see it as an opportunity. Prices should ebb a bit. Good opportunity to just "get more".

It's a cycle. Remember, Trump could be a one-termer and Clinton is elected in 2020 as the 46th president. Or Bloomberg. Or some other "big league" gun-grabber.

Yeah I'm sure the industry will see a huge boost by like .05% of the moonbat demographic "arming up." That's a shitload of people... [rofl]

Ironically that post even sounds fake... like who the **** would buy 3 G17Ls? [rofl] /boggle.

-Mike

Assuming he's telling the truth, I wonder if he saved the boxes?

-Mike

Sure, their 3 G17Ls to go with their G1911

1409d1310081948-ending-glock-vs-1911-argument-1309910796836.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming he's telling the truth, I wonder if he saved the boxes?

Definitely not Team Box[SUP]TM[/SUP]

Anyone who doesn't support their LGS, esp in Mass is a moron, and a cheap moron at that. Support your LGS and they will be around when you need and want them. It's that simple. I didn't see any Internet vendors on the steps of the state house after the 07/20/2016 "guidance"

-Mike

I assume they purchased for themselves and potentially their significant other or family/housemates.

I really hope the Libs do go all out buying.
Watching them trying to swim in the same pool they've been shitting in for years will be very entertaining.

Well if they show up at gun clubs across the country and realize the stereotype of gun owners isn't what they thought it is, then maybe....just maybe... they'll get whacked by a clue by four and reassess some of their bigotry.

We may be ok on a federal level. However, look at what's happening here in MA. IMO local and state politics/policies/dictators like our AG are the biggest threat to the 2A.

Maybe a small drop in sales but more and more people are becoming interested in firearms.

I first want to say I'm not a "gloom and doom" type.. just pondering about the future.

But remember the terror/panic was based on Obama and the Dems trying to push gun control.

That is not going to happen under Trump and a republican congress.

If you look at NICS background check data...for the years 1999-2008 data shows between 8-12 million checks were performed each year.

In 2016 will probably end the years with 26-27 million sold this year alone.

So if a "normal" buy period comes back (1999-2008 sales) that's half the guns currently being sold.

So with only 1/2 the demand, how can all the current gun shops still stay in business with a 50% reduction in sales?

How many people out here have bought more since Trump was elected and how many have cut back?

Just some thoughts .......
Right on the money except that I think a 50% reduction in nation-wide new gun sales from pre-election sales levels is probably a little bit pessimistic. I'm guessing more like 25% to 33%... still a very major hit. We need to remember that all states are not like crazy leftist Massachusetts (Thank God!). The anti-2A threat level tends to be worse here than in most of the free states... so the Trump election win "relaxation" in panic or fear-induced sales is likely to be greater here than nation-wide.

But we have the "Maura Effect" at work here in Massachusetts. The state-level tyranny threat level is much higher than elsewhere but the domain of new and used guns that we are allowed to buy from dealers here is far, far smaller than elsewhere. Ugh!

So how will the combination of Trump's election win (i.e., the disappearance of the Hitlery threat) and Maura's madness affect our MA dealers going forward? I think it is going to be pretty damn ugly. Too many have already disappeared in the last couple years... but I think that many more are now going to follow. [thinking]

It is a know fact that firing a gun increases testosterone by 75%...

I think about half the shops out there will close and production of guns will take a nosedive.

Expect to see slow decline in stock prices for publicly traded firms in the industry.

I think S&W is going to get whacked when they release their next earnings report (or possibly the following)...

It'll be interesting to see if their diversification strategy works.

There's no such thing as price gouging. Gun shops raised their prices in order to keep product on the shelves. And it's worked mostly. They'll lower them when supply increases and/or demand ebbs.

ECON101.

Ya, and there where places with literally pallets of green tips they were selling in bulk and the minute the ATF made noise about a ban all that went out back to the warehouse and a few boxes went on the shelves at double the price until the next week when they backed down.
Then it went back out in bulk at the old or slightly higher price.
There's a lot of f*ckery that goes on and we know it.

I think the market will hit distributorships harder than shops. The distributors engaged in a lot of price manipulation by strategically withholding inventory at different times and territories. They will get burned having certain ammo and firearms overstocked in the warehouse because they played games during peak demand expecting to make a mint if new manufacturing to got shut down by a hostile administration.

or the evil libs might start stocking up?

I do believe this is happening. I have had 2 liberal acquaintances that I have debated gun control with ask me for a reference for a MA LTC since the election.

Back
Top Bottom