So now what will happen now that the "panic" is over?

Over the last 8 years (thanks to Obama) gun sales and ammo buying have broken all previous records.

I think it would be safe to say that there are more weapons, mags and ammo in the hands of gun owners now then at any other time in history.

So question is now what? What do you think will be happening over the next few years? Everyone who needed/wanted/or was afraid has bought and is sitting on plenty, so what is the reason to continue to buy?

My guess is that about 1/2 to 3/4 of all the gun shops that opened up over the last 8 years will close up. Demand will be way down and prices will fall because of online buying and gun over production by manufactures. Most gun shops wont be able to cover their overhead by just selling ammo and most other stuff you can by direct over the internet. As such a majority of the current gun shops around will close down, just a case of supply and demand!

So what do you think?

My guess is that about 1/2 to 3/4 of all the gun shops that opened up over the last 8 years will close up. Demand will be way down and prices will fall because of online buying and gun over production by manufactures. Most gun shops wont be able to cover their overhead by just selling ammo and most other stuff you can by direct over the internet. As such a majority of the current gun shops around will close down, just a case of supply and demand!

So what do you think?

pessimism.jpg

I think you haven't been paying attention, the weak shops have been dying off since after the sandy hook recovery. I don't expect anything radically different to happen.... also remember that all those new gun owners Obama created gotta buy their stuff somewhere- the shops currently in business would not be able to survive if it was only about panic sales...

Not to mention even with Trump in office a new panic can arise at any given time. Any trigger event (terrorism, mass shooting, etc) will cause a bunch of people to blow a gasket/go full retard and buy shit, whether a new ban or regulation is likely or not.

-Mike

or the evil libs might start stocking up?

From the articles I've seen I think this will be the next buying spike that gun stores will see. Though I think "spike" might be a little strong of a word here, but I do think that will be what keeps a lot of these stores operating.

There is certainly a glut of cheap stuff on the market right now. Prices on mags, ammo, AR uppers, complete rifles, etc... are cheaper than I have seen since I started shooting ~6 years ago. Some of the deals, like 1K rounds of .223 for $200 shipped, Pmags for $6, complete uppers for $259, etc... are a nice surprise after expecting a Hillary presidency and a total panic. This has to be hurting some shops, but one big terror event could put an end to all of this.

I hope the lib-shits start buying and get the GCA and NFA shit repealed and we can all have happy happy boomsticks

At most I think production will be cut back and a slight price increase. There has been a increase in gun stores in my area but after stopping in to several . They don't have what I'm looking for 90% of the time and seemed to have very little interest in getting it.
A few recent items I was looking for.
22cal 1 piece cleaning rod....
Mid range match 22lr
LH 22lr bolt action.

Fortunately for the gun industry we are our own built in "panic" or paranoia.

Those that were prepared are always prepared and didn't suffer much during the lean inventory times and didn't need to pay insane prices

Those that weren't prepared did ( ill include myself in that category sadly)

Use the next two years to stack it deep.

LTC apps and sales have been off scale, there a new demographic which is the liberal panic gun buyer and shooters. It's encouraging, and I think there will be steady expansion of new owners in the coming years. Once people start shooting, they get hooked and they start paying attention to second amendment politics. I am am very (realistically) optimistic. If we get two good new Supreme Court justices, we are going to be in real good shape moving past the trump years.

I first want to say I'm not a "gloom and doom" type.. just pondering about the future.

But remember the terror/panic was based on Obama and the Dems trying to push gun control.

That is not going to happen under Trump and a republican congress.

If you look at NICS background check data...for the years 1999-2008 data shows between 8-12 million checks were performed each year.

In 2016 will probably end the years with 26-27 million sold this year alone.

So if a "normal" buy period comes back (1999-2008 sales) that's half the guns currently being sold.

So with only 1/2 the demand, how can all the current gun shops still stay in business with a 50% reduction in sales?

How many people out here have bought mores since Trump was elected and how many have cut back?

Just some thoughts .......

I first want to say I'm not a "gloom and doom" type.. just pondering about the future.

But remember the terror/panic was based on Obama and the Dems trying to push gun control.

That is not going to happen under Trump and a republican congress.

If you look at NICS background check data...for the years 1999-2008 data shows between 8-12 million checks were performed each year.

In 2016 will probably end the years with 26-27 million sold this year alone.

So if a "normal" buy period comes back (1999-2008 sales) that's half the guns currently being sold.

So with only 1/2 the demand, how can all the current gun shops still stay in business with a 50% reduction in sales?

How many people out here have bought mores since Trump was elected and how many have cut back?

Just some thoughts .......

I don't think its going to hurt much. After the past 8 years people are going to remain vigilant. Theres not going to be much politically driven panic buying, but with the social tensions as they are and the likelihood of increased shenanigans from peaceful jihadis and leftards in the coming years coupled with an economy that's teetering on the edge of destruction, anyone who's paying attention is not going to stop buying shit.

a lot of new shooters were not shooters before & are discovering just how "Wicked Cool" this stuff is - whether for sport, defense, fun, historical, or 2A reasons -
& are learning that guns are like shoes/boots... one pair isn't enough ;)

So now what will happen now that the "panic" is over?

I would expect prices on some guns like ARs to take a hit over the next 12 months and a broad decline overall in volumes at LGS's. Ammo demand will probably be stable due to the shear number of firearms that have been sold over last 8 years and multiple panic buys. With the prospect of any gun grab bills now most likely dead for the next 4 to 8 years, people may curtail their spending on guns. If so, producers will cut production on firearms so cash doesn't get tied up in inventory, though if Trump jacks up DoD spending it could be a boon for firearms producers that have govt contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why exactly do you think Trump is pro-gun? Is it because he said so when running for office?

I answer this question the same way to people that ask me every time.

My largest hope for Trump and our gun rights stem from his son hopefully whispering in his ear.

OP, you are assuming that supply will not adjust. You also forget we live in MA, were people pay a premium for POS mags others throw away.

Maybe a couple of gun stores will go out of business, I believe the rest will be fine. Maybe they will hire less people for a while.

I went to Cabelas last week, ammo is still overpriced. Walmart still has 9mm for $9.99 (same price they had for the past 4 years or so). People will continue to buy.

The panic buy is not over until you start seeing plenty of .22 CCI Standard velocity bricks on the shelf.

The market hasn't been normal. The market has been overinflated.
It will normalize now. Prices and vendors, supply and demand. All of it

The panic continues because Maura is going to continue to go crazy. Then she will be governor and she will ban all guns.

I'd say any "contraction" of shops has already happened, or is happening. I don't anticipate huge changes.

I just hope the incoming administration reels in all the BS, especially any records which were supposed to by law be purged (NICS?).

Last edited:
My thoughts...we live in a country where our current president believes that under his administration, we never had a foreign terrorist attack. And when we were attacked, by cars/trucks, knives - the die hard liberal extremists somehow made the event all about guns and why they need to be banned. I think given the amount of idiots in this country, if we should fall again under a democrat in the White House, it would be in our favor to have as many guns as we do and can get our hands on. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

The panic continues because Maura is going to continue to go crazy. Then she will be governor and she will ban all guns.

Yeah what is the latest on this crap Healey pulled up there? Any litigation updates or has anything been filed at this point?

So glad I left MA from a 2A perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom