• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So much for the IA

the source is the Washington Post, so it could be completely made up. From what I gather from all the military people here, though, the joints are more corporate than warrior.

Get the war machine warmed up boys, we’re back! My son has been wanting to join the service since he was little. No way in hell is he joining $hit for these scumbags.
Trouble is, when they turn 18, your role as Monarch goes from Henry VIII (pretty much ran the place) to Elizabeth II (gets to live in a nice house, and "advise and consent").

Not a slam, just an observation, being dad to two kids. Both capable and smart, but as Mel yells in The Patriot, "You're MY child!"

Best of luck.

Trouble is, when they turn 18, your role as Monarch goes from Henry VIII (pretty much ran the place) to Elizabeth II (gets to live in a nice house, and "advise and consent").

Not a slam, just an observation, being dad to two kids. Both capable and smart, but as Mel yells in The Patriot, "You're MY child!"

Best of luck.
He wants to follow in my foot steps, I’ll just create another path.

the source is the Washington Post, so it could be completely made up. From what I gather from all the military people here, though, the joints are more corporate than warrior.
They are not even corporate. They are politicians. They even have civilian liaisons assigned to them from the senate and house to assist in the "politicing".

You don't get on the joint chiefs because your a good combat commander thats for sure. You get there because you were a good politician.

Last edited:

Best of luck.
I'll add......once they reach 18 it becomes easier to give advice than when they were 15 to 16.....as long as it does not come off as "preachy" or a demand. When my boy was 15 I would have sold him for a nickle.......couldn't tell that boy anything....but it only lasted about a year then he calmed down. He's got a good plan for life.

Good luck to you and yours. But I was your son, and my parents were you, and I served anyway. I figured it was my life, not theirs, and they raised me to make my own decisions.

We all still love each other. They couldn't prevent me from joining, and the harder they'd tried, the worse it would have been.

Get the war machine warmed up boys, we’re back! My son has been wanting to join the service since he was little. No way in hell is he joining $hit for these scumbags.
I served under 5 commanders in chief. 2 dems and 3 Republicans.

I never worried about what political party the CIC was from.......I just served.....multiple combat tours.....risked my life for what some consider "questionable" reasons even here on NES....that came about because of Bush jr...... But it was my honor to do so.

I'm gonna but my nose on here where it probably doesn't belong.....my apologies in advance......let him serve if he wants to. I did 25 years and its the greatest thing I ever did besides marrying my wife of 26 years. My pension will make her a financially secure woman when I'm dead and gone......and there is absolute pride in that as a man and its my belief that should be every real man's goal. Plus I met the greatest mother f***ers a guy could ask for to be friends with in the army.....and no CIC now matter which political party can ever change that.

Edited.....actually served under 5 commanders in chief not 4.....I was fresh into basic at fort Benning GA when Bush sr was president.

Last edited:
Did they speak out against the riots in Washington, and Wisconsin, etc? I don’t recall it, it if missed it please correct me.

Good luck with that.

My boy considered the military to follow on my footsteps. He chose not to and im actually proud of him for making his own decision. He's got a plan......way different from mine when I was his age......but if the plan provides financial security......and he's productive and happy......I did my job. I don't need to pull him along a path I made for him.....he's his own man.....I'm proud to let him take over as point man now.

Last edited:
Did they speak out against the riots in Washington, and Wisconsin, etc? I don’t recall it, it if missed it please correct me.

they did speak out about using the military controlling our southern border. They would rather defend South Korea's border.

Good luck to you and yours. But I was your son, and my parents were you, and I served anyway. I figured it was my life, not theirs, and they raised me to make my own decisions.

We all still love each other. They couldn't prevent me from joining, and the harder they'd tried, the worse it would have been.
I served under 5 commanders in chief. 2 dems and 3 Republicans.

I never worried about what political party the CIC was from.......I just served.....multiple combat tours.....risked my life for what some consider "questionable" reasons even here on NES....that came about because of Bush jr...... But it was my honor to do so.

I'm gonna but my nose on here where it probably doesn't belong.....my apologies in advance......let him serve if he wants to. I did 25 years and its the greatest thing I ever did besides marrying my wife of 26 years. My pension will make her a financially secure woman when I'm dead and gone......and there is absolute pride in that as a man and its my belief that should be every real man's goal. Plus I met the greatest mother f***ers a guy could ask for to be friends with in the army.....and no CIC now matter which political party can ever change that.

Edited.....actually served under 5 commanders in chief not 4.....I was fresh into basic at fort Benning GA when Bush sr was president.
^^^These^^^

I was 17 when I joined the Army Infantry in 75. Against my parents wishes. But I needed to do it and they relented. The experience it gave me made appreciate being an American. Plus, the skills that I learned were invaluable. Thankfully, I survived that and realize today it was one of my best decisions in life. đź‘Ť

^^^These^^^

I was 17 when I joined the Army Infantry in 75. Against my parents wishes. But I needed to do it and they relented. The experience it gave me made appreciate being an American. Plus, the skills that I learned were invaluable. Thankfully, I survived that and realize today it was one of my best decisions in life. đź‘Ť
I was 17 as well. Although my parents were willing to sign my enlistment papers they didn't fight it.

Thanks for your service!

I was 17 as well. Although my parents were willing to sign my enlistment papers they didn't fight it.

Thanks for your service!
I appreciate that. Thanks to you for your service as well! Hey, we belong to a select club. The less than 1% of the US population who serve in military service club. :)

That whole event shows what happens when people were whipped into a frenzy with this q-anon BS. I was invited to join a Trump group on facebook about a year ago and holy sh*t was the place full of crackpots. "WWG1WGA" was like a religious chant. Trying to even talk to these people is futile. I would imagine it would be the same thing if I joined a BLM or antifa group. Looking at these people is why we can't have nice things.

welcome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom