So, Midway wont ship brass to mass?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEye

Banned
Is this for real?! I finally find some brass after about 5 months and when i go to order it says its illegal to ship to mass?
and where can i find a copy of this law?

Never mind, i give up...
I'd of deleted this but evidently in yet another thing were not allowed to do we cant even delete our own posts.

Last edited:
It is not illegal but it is the policy of some places to not ship anything to this s***hole. Keep looking there are plenty who will. Once you have started a thread only a moderator can remove it. You can edit it down to a single character including a . but I am not sure about editing the subject line.

The bigger retailers won't ship a mouse fart to MA if it's too killy so don't stress too much about it.

Sadly most of the vendors who stock what we need in reloading wont ship....I tried getting a response from midway.......nothing. best bet is find a local dealer who has account with vendor your interested in. Ask them to order them for you. Sadly many do not bother to do this. I been in and out of 2 shops in my area for years
They never have anything I'm looking for. I spent approx 30$ in 20 years between the 2. Never have they even said "I can order it " or let me see what I can do.....
Try out back arms kin plympton he has been trying like hell to stock reloading stuff....actual last trip in he had more stuff than bass pro.

Last edited:
I had a vendor refuse to ship me paper targets to MA. seriously.

As to the brass: while it is not illegal to ship ammo to MA the AG has a habit of sending threatening letters to anyone who does claiming that it's illegal. most don't want to spend tens of thousands in litigation to prove their right so they simply won't ship to MA. what does shipping ammo have to do with refusing to ship brass? remember that MA defines ammunition as not only loaded cartridges but any and all components that go into the making of a finished cartridge. so yes, if you leave an empty shell casing in your car and your non-LTC having wife gets pulled over she can be busted for a firearms offense. GO GO MA! YAAAAAY FOR SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN!

You folks are bitching, yet you want the companies to refuse to do business with states that are anti 2A. You are getting what you asked for. Oh, Now it is different as it involves you. Oh Well, Can't have it both ways.

I think the problem was more selling to LEO's what mere serfs can't have, not cutting off sales altogether.

You are right, but this way, no one gets anything. No making fish of one and fowl of the other. Oh, Yeah! You are all being treated the same.

The point made a slight whistling sound as it flew over your head. The problem here is that it's legal to ship ammunition and ammunition components to MA, so banning sales here is mostly pointless. I'd love it if Midway shipped ammo to both LEO's and everyone else in this state.

You're confusing two different arguments. Don't do that [thumbsup]

I'd love it if Midway shipped ammo to both LEO's and everyone else in this state.

So would I, but the AG that "we the people" elected disagrees. The problem isn't Midway or any other vender, it's the AG. Let's try not to forget that.

The point made a slight whistling sound as it flew over your head. The problem here is that it's legal to ship ammunition and ammunition components to MA, so banning sales here is mostly pointless. I'd love it if Midway shipped ammo to both LEO's and everyone else in this state.

You're confusing two different arguments. Don't do that [thumbsup]

Midway will NOT ship items to LEOs in MA that they won't ship to mere mortals . . . I asked! They might (unsure) ship to LE AGENCIES, but that would be direct gov't purchases (and no laws apply to them) not to individual officers.

So would I, but the AG that "we the people" elected disagrees. The problem isn't Midway or any other vender, it's the AG. Let's try not to forget that.

I didn't elect him and that's why the better of two evils is better.

Rielly started this shit and the democrats keep it going.

I can't tell you how close I came to filling out a complaint form on Martha Coakleys site AGAINST MARTHA COAKLY....
But I figured why paint a target on my back.
I'm so glad I spent all this money on reloading equipment that's utterly fu(king useless.
I didn't realize our rulers despised commerce so much, you know with the economy doing so awesome and all.

with their ploddingly slow shipping and bootlicking attitude towards MA AG (they won't even ship wads or shotshell buffer) humpty dumpty Larry is dead to me.

That's fine the owner of midway looks like a chester anyway! He can follow in suit along with bill "Chester" gates.

Charles.

Midway sucks and always will!
Cheaper Than Dirt wont ship so much as a knife to MA, claims to be a 2A supporter, and if you call them up and ask the, for the name of the owner or a manager to write to. - they won't tell you. Even though you can look up the name and email a of the owner - Larry Tenney.

Bet if you did the same thing with Midway you'd get a phone call from the CEO, Larry Porterfield.

Last edited:
Cheaper Than Dirt never has been.

I buy various items from Midway and Brownells. While I prefer Brownells I've never had any problem with Midway. Yes, they won't sell components to MA residents. That is because of our elected AG - our problem, not theirs.

Just curious , but what kind of brass are you looking for ?

Was trying to get my paws on a couple boxes of Lapua .308 .

Here's their response:

Thank you for your recent email concerning shipping restrictions on our products. At MidwayUSA, we do our best to comply with all local, state and federal laws regarding restrictions on products that we sell. Please understand that the destination restriction boundaries are controlled by the United States Postal Service, and are not regulated by MidwayUSA. We are constantly reviewing these restrictions since it is in our customers' best interest to be able to receive our full line of products.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but, your city or State law prohibits us from shipping any part of a component to your shipping address.

Massachusetts: No components, no ammunition, no magazines over 10 rounds, no self-defense sprays. Chapter 140, 121, 122B, Chapter 140, 121,

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected].

Thanks for Your Business!

Derrick
MidwayUSA Customer Service

Last edited:
Is this for real?! I finally find some brass after about 5 months and when i go to order it says its illegal to ship to mass?
and where can i find a copy of this law?

Never mind, i give up...
I'd of deleted this but evidently in yet another thing were not allowed to do we cant even delete our own posts.

What brass do you need? Myself and numerous others have brass to swap/ sell. Have you tried the classified section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom