• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So many threads. So many great comments. Trying to find a couple...

StevieP

NES Member
There have been so many great comments made by y'all in all these threads.

There were two made on Friday, that I'd like to add to my repertoire when discussing AWBs, etc. with facebook anti's. I just can't find them in the threads now.

Who said these things?

One post was along the lines that "There are two differing views at play
One group wants to increase safety in schools
The other group wants to get the guns out of the schools."

And someone else made a great point about ARs. That the police use them when responding to attacks, so that's the best justification for allowing the people to continue to have access to them -- that they're useful tools.

Anyone?

IIRC it has been held that 2A affirms the God given right to have military type weapons, and there is no more military type weapon than the civilian version of the military rifle, and that would be the AR platform

Lately I've been calling Assault Rifles, Defense Rifles. You use them for defense, not assaulting. And I've been making the comparison, if someone came at you or your family with an AR, you have to use a comparable weapon against them. You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

someone else made a great point about ARs. That the police use them when responding to attacks, so that's the best justification for allowing the people to continue to have access to them

Remember the North Hollywood shootout, where the bank robbers had full auto AK's and body armor.
The cops were outgunned with only their pistols, so they went to a local gun shop and borrowed a few AR's to level the playing field against the dirtbags. Had those rifles not been readily available, the cops would have been SOL.

Zap I forget the name of the movie that was a reenactment of that shoot out. I was to young when it happen to really know about it . But I was like wtf there borrowing guns from a gun store. I thought to my self how retarded that was that the mainly had revolvers.

Got into an argument with the GF last night. She was adamant there was simply no need for citizens to have 'assault rifles'. This opinion was shared by her parents (even though her dad was a cop in Lowell for many years, now retired). She told me I should 'get rid' of mine. I asked her if she could define what an assault rifle was, unfortunately, she couldn't- only saying the rifle scared her and it was 'ugly'. I then asked her if she thought it was a bit hypocritical that her dad was able to use these weapons to protect himself and the lives of his partners on the force while on duty, but I shouldn't be able to have access to one to protect myself and my family?

More dangerous than assault weapons has been the recent assault on personal liberties and our Constitution by this presidential administration. The 2nd amendment was not put into place to provide the common citizen hunting and sporting purposes, it was put there to ensure that our government would always recognize that they are only servants of the people, and not the other way around. Our government has mistaken their role, and assumed a tyrannical view of this country and its people. We are viewed more as slaves than active participants. Using the confluence of the heavily controlled media, this administration has been setting dangerous precedents which have dramatically changed the landscape of what used to be a free country. I think we would be astounded to learn of the parallels between what Obama's administration has done to our country and Hitler's Germany.

There must have been those who understood what was happening in Germany before Hitler took total control and the horrors which followed. Those who saw what was coming, but were unable to convince others- nobody would listen. I would like to believe that people today would have learned from recent history, however, the evidence reveals otherwise. If the government truly wished to set the example on violence and the dangers of weapons, it would be a standard they would be forced to live by as well. The contradictions and hypocrisy are at all time highs- the government forces FFL dealers to sell thousands of high powered guns to Mexican drug cartels and routinely uses drone strikes to kill untold numbers of innocent woman and children unabashedly, but a random incident of violence and now the entire US population of law abiding citizens must pay.

Where is the outrage?!? Oh yeah... George was right again:

"We control life, Winston, at all its levels. You are imagining that there is something called human nature which will be outraged by what we do and will turn against us. But we create human nature. Men are infinitely malleable. Or perhaps you have returned to your old idea that the proletarians or the slaves will arise and overthrow us. Put it out of your mind. They are helpless, like the animals"…George Orwell, “1984″

Most of us engage them not to change their minds but to educate the fence sitters who might be their friends. Non Gun Owners NEED to see that us gun owners are just normal people.

I tried to engage one person and all I got was the typical "AR-15's are meant for killing" and "cars are regulated and tracked so why shouldn't guns be?" This person saw no problem with further government intrusion in to our lives. Of course this person also works for the Commiewealth of Mass so that probably explains a lot.

I tried to engage one person and all I got was the typical "AR-15's are meant for killing" and "cars are regulated and tracked so why shouldn't guns be?" This person saw no problem with further government intrusion in to our lives. Of course this person also works for the Commiewealth of Mass so that probably explains a lot.
One of my cousins and my older brother are so Liberal they don't even know where their right hand is. Sometimes you ARE better off not engaging them but I still do "just in case" someone with a rational mind might read what I posted. I can see where you'd think it's a waste of time sometimes though.[cheers]

Zap I forget the name of the movie that was a reenactment of that shoot out. I was to young when it happen to really know about it . But I was like wtf there borrowing guns from a gun store. I thought to my self how retarded that was that the mainly had revolvers.

Was their an actual reenactment movie, or are you thinking of Heat?

Rampage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One post was along the lines that "There are two differing views at play
One group wants to increase safety in schools
The other group wants to get the guns out of the schools."

mikem317 said that... dont recall the thread name. But actually he said the other group wants to ban guns, something to that effect.

enter site:northeastshooters.com into google before your search words and it'll help you find stuff.

Back
Top Bottom