• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So many holsters and so little time

Once you mentioned these I checked them out, they do look super comfortable. I want to try one of these as well

I got mine on sale, but even at full price they're well worth it. I forget I'm wearing it half the time. And they have a lifetime warranty

The reason why there's 8 million different holsters is the same reason you won't find a satisfying answer here: because it is subjective. Everybody has to find out for themselves what works for them. That's the reason why most of us end up with a junk drawer full of holsters for different guns. We buy, we like or don't like it, and even if we do, we keep looking for something better/more comfortable/more secure.

Once you mentioned these I checked them out, they do look super comfortable. I want to try one of these as well

When you look at the LightTuck it doesn't look much different than myriad other run of the mill single clip kydex IWB holsters (Concealment Express comes to mind), but most of those aren't tuck-able and don't have adjustable depth. The Light Tuck also has more rounded edges on the bottom which helps it snag a little less when clipping in. Vedder customer service is excellent too.

Whenever these threads pop up in a FB group if 100 people answer, there's 110 different answers lol but I'm another for the Stealthgear Ventcore. It's ridiculously comfortable and I wear mine for like 10 hours a day

How do you like the one sided kydex? I had a crossbreed that had leather backing and I just couldn't get used to not having kydex on both sides. But these look pretty comfy... can they be washed?

"... for the 2 or 3 o’clock position. "

I can't say how well they'll work at that position, but the Crossbreed Supertuck has been great for me. I carry my M&P9C at the 4:00 position on my right hip for years without any issues whatsoever.

I run a Bravo Concealment OWB and like the quality very much. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy an IWB from them. Lifetime warranty on their stuff too. However they recently (past few years) started hating on left-handlers, so hopefully you’re right dominant, otherwise SOL.

I picked up an inexpensive kydex taco holster for my SW Shield in multicam from some no-name off of eBay for like $5 (Including shipping) — I figured for the price if I hate it, it’s inexpensive enough to give away as a karma. But I run that one every day. Several years of daily carry and no visible wear.

I also have a G-Code for my Shield with the Mag caddy, but I prefer the eBay kydex one better...

I guess my point is, find what you like — it doesn’t have to be SOCOM tier-one approved but it may still work perfectly fine.

image.jpg

How do you like the one sided kydex? I had a crossbreed that had leather backing and I just couldn't get used to not having kydex on both sides. But these look pretty comfy... can they be washed?

I don't think I'd ever get another holster unless I needed a drop leg or OWB for something. I really do love it, as I said I wear mine ~10 hours a day for almost 4 years now and forget it's there half the time. I have the IWB mini. They can, but hand washed with a brush:

Are your Ventcore® holsters washable?
Yes. The materials that make up our Ventcore® holsters are all synthetic and non-moisture absorbing. You can use a mild soap (dish or laundry soap works fine) and a soft bristled brush like an old toothbrush to scrub them. Remove the fasteners and belt clips before cleaning your platform. After you rinse the holster, you can shake out most of the water, and the rest will quickly dry out. Check our holster maintenance page here.

I should probably do that lol

Last edited:
I don't think I'd ever get another holster unless I needed a drop leg or OWB for something. I really do love it, as I said I wear mine ~10 hours a day and forget it's there half the time. I have the IWB mini. They can, but hand washed with a brush:

Yes. The materials that make up our Ventcore® holsters are all synthetic and non-moisture absorbing. You can use a mild soap (dish or laundry soap works fine) and a soft bristled brush like an old toothbrush to scrub them. Remove the fasteners and belt clips before cleaning your platform. After you rinse the holster, you can shake out most of the water, and the rest will quickly dry out. Check our holster maintenance page here.

Damn... I may just have to get one for my 365. I love the Vedder but that looks pretty damn comfortable for an AIWB. And the retention is good w/ only 1/2 kydex? Although I imagine w/ my big co... belly pressing against it, it shouldn't be a problem. Damn you @mikeyp lol.

I don't think I'd ever get another holster unless I needed a drop leg or OWB for something. I really do love it, as I said I wear mine ~10 hours a day for almost 4 years now and forget it's there half the time. I have the IWB mini. They can, but hand washed with a brush:

I just bought the stealthgear scorpion, I found a coupon code and saved 15%. I also want to try out the vetter light tuck and g-code but I can’t pay full price. I’ll wait until there are some sales on those ones.

Thanks

Everywhere I have been looking everyone loved the Vedder Light Tuck, I have to try one out

I carry my 365 in a Vedder Light Tuck and am very happy with it. I carry between 3-4 o'clock and it is always on my side, all day, everyday. Spare magazine in a horizontal mag carrier on the opposite side. Horizontal is the way to go. It really is very comfortable set up with the 365, and conceals with just a T shirt.
As a rule, I hate IWB, but the 365 is small enough that with a good belt and a "Light Tuck" you really do forget its there.

Another vote for tier 1 for AIWB. I have the Agis Elite for my p365 and one for my g19. All day comfort with a spare mag.

I carry my 365 in a Vedder Light Tuck and am very happy with it. I carry between 3-4 o'clock and it is always on my side, all day, everyday. Spare magazine in a horizontal mag carrier on the opposite side. Horizontal is the way to go. It really is very comfortable set up with the 365, and conceals with just a T shirt.
As a rule, I hate IWB, but the 365 is small enough that with a good belt and a "Light Tuck" you really do forget its there.

My next post is going to be regarding belts!

My next post is going to be regarding belts!
I have several, and like them all, but this has been great...

Damn... I may just have to get one for my 365. I love the Vedder but that looks pretty damn comfortable for an AIWB. And the retention is good w/ only 1/2 kydex? Although I imagine w/ my big co... belly pressing against it, it shouldn't be a problem. Damn you @mikeyp lol.

Retention is good and adjustable as well as easy to re-holster. I'm Irish so I don't have that problem [cheers] but I do have the belly lol

Those EDC adjustable belts look nice. Which one did you get

I have a BladeTech EDC belt made by Nexbelt. It's pretty awesome, although I'm not a huge fan of the big silver buckle.

Some of the stitching around the ratchet has frayed but I read others complain of the same thing and Nexbelt or BladeTech contacted them to make it right. I just trimmed mine.

Back
Top Bottom