• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, just how screwed is this guy?

Why would you leave your gun in the car?
If something happens in the restaurant, you have to zig zag pattern out to your car
Didn’t you see PULP FICTION. LOL

Why would you leave the house with only one gun? Isn't your 30-30 in your truck where it should be. If you are a male and walking across Boston commons on Sunday, why do you not have your shotgun.

Are you deciding what I am allowed to do?

(Lighten up friend. But also take the message please. I wouldn't leave a loaded revolver in the trunk for weeks and forget about it. I also don't prestage weapons in my vehicles for if I need more than what I can carry. But I do stage box of ammo.

My point is in MA, THE AMMO would be wrong /bad too on the books as people decided what citizens are not allowed to do. )

You don’t know what I leave the house with
You don’t know what’s in my trunk

But do know, I’m not leaving my carry anyplace but on me

That’s not how FOPA works.
Oh I *know. Just being pedantic. Someone posted about his destination and youturn.

I always hold to the gas or restroom clause. No sit down meals. Drive through possibly also not allowed.

If you have to poop: you have arrived and you are in violation. Congratulations.

WOW these states SUCK so much!
Back in the early 90's I used to drive through Jersey, NY, CT and Mass with a trunk full of my AK, AR, exploding targets, steel core ammo, tracers, a shotgun, "high cap" mags even a 120rd drum once, knives and even a switchblade.
And all this was just loose in the trunk.
Over and over again as I went on leave to home and back to the base.

BISHOP

I don't believe firearms classified as "evidence" go to Dowd.

Case has been dismissed, so it's not evidence anymore, right?

True, police must maintain evidence. Usually they crudely engrave something on the guns as proof that it is tied to the case. After adjudication, many times the guns are ordered to be destroyed and supposed to be sent to MSP for said destruction. Sometimes one gets lucky and the gun gets returned but you can't count on it . . . and sometimes it gets "lost", so it can't be returned.

You mean like under a grip panel, right? [laugh2]

I have one "crappy" revolver that was stolen, sold to a drug dealer, recovered and ultimately returned. With the serial number "brightened" by a local PD. If the gun had started out with any real value, it would have been ruined. The evidence tag actually gives it a little history so in one sense it's probably worth more than before [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom