So, just how screwed is this guy?

Unlike the MAss slave colony, I met many people from freer (so far) states who are clueless about MA, LTC and what they need to do with their guns they bring with them from GA. True story.

Here is mAsslave colony, every question starts with "do our masters allow it?"
Yep. A few years back I had a guy from NH on a job site in Boston pull out brand new Sig .45 in the parking lot. It was show and tell. I checked it out and told him about Mass laws. He had no idea...nor an LTC. Luckily he didn't get pinched.

Last edited:
If there is anything I remember from criminal justice classes taken many years ago is ignorance of the law is no excuse
Many crimes require proof of knowledge. Not knowledge of the law but knowledge of specific facts. For example, if your buddy borrows your jacket and leaves a bag of dope in the pocket without telling you, then you get arrested for possession you have a defense of lack of knowledge. If you don't know that drugs are illegal, that's no defense (nor do you need to know the character of the drugs specifically only that they are contraband.) That's a lot different than pleading ignorance of the law.

Oh my vote is probably screwed but far from hopeless.

Last edited:
Any word as to the outcome of this? it has peaked my intrest.
Last I heard was this:
1st hand: (Text message from him to me): He's sticking with the lawyer he originally hired. (This means he's not going to use Neil Tassel or others on the Comm2a list I provided him).
3rd hand: (from my wife who got it from her boss /Jr's mother): His lawyer supposedly has asked for a continuance.

My wife is tiptoeing around this; Junior's mother is understandably upset and VERY worried. I spoke to Junior briefly over the phone and he's flat out scared silly about how this will turn out, if this goes south like the majority of us think, he'll lose his job, his marriage, and in the worst case he'll end up serving time.

I will post more as word comes to me.

I hope the lawyer he is keeping has in depth knowledge of MA gun law. Otherwise he might be doing more harm than good. You don't hire an orthopedic surgeon to do your triple bypass just because he's licensed in medicine just like the cardiac surgeon.

good way to get a perjury conviction on top of everything else since he called BPD so they have him on tape telling them all the details and most likely the number he called from on caller ID as well.
A perjury conviction is not possible when making a police report, but the lesser crime of filing a false report. Perjury is reserved for statements under oath. The list was in partial jest, as the real advice everyone on NES should know is STFU.

He could use both lawyers: Neil and the lawyer he has now.

We had a case where we used both our personal lawyer and a lawyer from my insurance company and it worked out very well. It was well worth having two lawyers.

(Detail not available on the internet.)

We had a case where we used both our personal lawyer and a lawyer from my insurance company and it worked out very well. It was well worth having two lawyers.
I asked a lawyer provide by my auto insurance in an "oh the pain, the pain I tell you" accident case tell me he represented me, not the insurance company. I responded "fine. Please contact my insurance company and tell them you recommend they settle for the amount the other side is requesting". The response was "I may represent you, but I have to be aware of who is paying my bill."

Last I heard was this:
1st hand: (Text message from him to me): He's sticking with the lawyer he originally hired. (This means he's not going to use Neil Tassel or others on the Comm2a list I provided him).
3rd hand: (from my wife who got it from her boss /Jr's mother): His lawyer supposedly has asked for a continuance.

My wife is tiptoeing around this; Junior's mother is understandably upset and VERY worried. I spoke to Junior briefly over the phone and he's flat out scared silly about how this will turn out, if this goes south like the majority of us think, he'll lose his job, his marriage, and in the worst case he'll end up serving time.

Tell this kid if all you listed is on the line, get a MA. Com2A recommended lawyer , he made 3 dumb decisions so far.

It’s time to stop screwing around.

Agreed with getting a Comm2A lawyer. He is scared and has a lot on the line. If he's convicted... I wouldn't want to sit there wondering if a lawyer recommended to me would have netted a different outcome.

Ask him if he had a choice, would he rather accounting advice from a CPA or actuary? Both are smart... But one is an expert in the exact field. If he's a CT gun owner with no knowledge of how this works in MA... He may be grossly underestimating how much worse MA is on guns vs CT.

All it takes is a few questions to determine if a general practice defense attorney is schooled on firearm law. If the attorney cannot explain why FLRB relief is not recognized by the feds (or worse, not know what FLRB is when you ask the question); under what circumstances you can take possession of a pistol out of state without going through a dealer; the significance of the fact that many misdemeanors in MA have a max 2.5 year sentence; cannot list GCA34, NFA68 and FOPA86 when asked about major changes to federal gun law, and cannot explain what non-citizens can obtain an LTC in MA and why, you are not dealing with someone who really understands gun law.

Last edited:
Last I heard was this:

this really sucks balls for an honest man go through this bullshit, thanks to the POS idiots in this state elect as their representatives. I really hope that it works out in his favor and he learns to avoid this f***ing swamp like plague.

To walk the path in this state you need ,

Nra
Goal
Comm2A
Lens
A firearms lawyer.

Then ,
Guns and ammo,
Range membership.

We are losing .

Was back in the midwest this past summer... my wife borrows a family members Jeep to run to the store. Her sister says "Oh. You may want to lock the doors when you go in because there is a gun in the cup holder"

Outside of the iron curtain, it's just a thing in the car... kind of like a snowbrush here.

It can happen. In America, guns are tools.

One time I was working on my house late, forgot to throw my hand tools back in my truck, and had to change out some Russian dudes panel with my apprentices tools. It was a shitty day.

Great idea. Blame it on the Russians!

I asked a lawyer provide by my auto insurance in an "oh the pain, the pain I tell you" accident case tell me he represented me, not the insurance company. I responded "fine. Please contact my insurance company and tell them you recommend they settle for the amount the other side is requesting". The response was "I may represent you, but I have to be aware of who is paying my bill."
My lawyer insisted the insurance company lawyer not settle and explained a way to, essentially, get a summary judgement in our favor.

It worked.

My lawyer insisted the insurance company lawyer not settle and explained a way to, essentially, get a summary judgement in our favor.
The question is "which approach presented the least risk to you?". If settling was a lower risk, the attorney was acting in the best interest of the insurance company, not you. It is dishonest for the attorney provided by the insurance company to claim you have an attorney/client relationship with him/her when (s)he has to consider the best interest of another party as well.

The outcome is in the hands of the DA. I resolved a case today where an out of state truck driver was charged with carrying a firearm without a LTC, carrying a loaded firearm without LTC, possession of ammo without FID, and storage violation. First two counts are felony, under Mass and Federal law. Second two are misdemeanor under Mass and Fed law.

We pushed off the motion to suppress hearing several times, waiting for the case to go up and down the chain of command. Final word came down today that they would reduce the carrying to possession, eliminating the mandatory jail sentence.

Guy got off with a CWOF on all charges, is not a prohibited person, and since there's no conviction, could (with the right chief) get a LTC in Mass some day. (He won't. He's going back down south never to return)

Not too bad for a court appointed lawyer.

Guy got off with a CWOF on all charges, is not a prohibited person, and since there's no conviction, could (with the right chief) get a LTC in Mass some day. (He won't. He's going back down south never to return)

Not too bad for a court appointed lawyer.

Court appointed or not it takes a lawyer that cares.

Nicely done.

Bob

Court appointed or not it takes a lawyer that cares.

Nicely done.

Bob

More importantly it takes a lawyer who understands our gun laws and the ramifications. Caring is great but lack of knowledge (by the attorney) of our gun laws is a disaster for the defendant.

He's sticking with the lawyer he originally hired
Well... I guess that's one way to go.[thinking] I hope he's not a tax lawyer.

Junior's mother is understandably upset and VERY worried. I spoke to Junior briefly over the phone and he's flat out scared silly about how this will turn out

He should be. The consequences could be severe.

Back
Top Bottom