So it's official. I'm a gun owner.

From what I read around here, Wal-Mart rarely has any in stock. All the employees grab it when it comes in.
Most have most popular ammo in-stock and have the best average price per round for target ammo as anywhere. Period. Winchester white box, Federal, or Perfecta. Just not on days after mass shootings. .22lr does go quick.

PD ammo go to Cabelas for selection.

Last edited:
Most have most popular ammo in-stock and have the best average price per round for target ammo as anywhere. Period. Winchester white box, Federal, or Perfecta. Just not on days after mass shootings. .22lr does go quick.

PD ammo go to Cabelas for selection.

Thanks for the info. And what's up with the .22lr? I didn't realize that was such a popular round, unless people have that much of a rodent problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally got down to FS yesterday to look at pistols. Let me start by saying that being a lefty kinda sucks since it has it's limitations. I know, I know. Plenty of lefties use pistols all the time, but I looked like the noob that I am trying to work the slide release of Ruger SR9c and LRC9. I don't know, I guess being a lefty for over 40 years means that old habits die hard.

Carl went ahead and showed me the HK P2000SK. That was pretty sweet for a lefty. Anyway, I went ahead and picked it up as my first. A bit pricey, but I'm hoping it's worth it.

View attachment 171048

Now, off to join a shooting range so I can try this puppy out!
Congrats!!

Thanks for the info. And what's up with the .22lr? I didn't realize that was such a popular round, unless people have that much of a rodent problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cabelas always has it. Other places can be hit or miss.

.22lr is always a popular plinking and training round at an affordable price vs centerfire 9mm or especially .40, .45, and .380.

Congrats on your first purchase. It is a fine example of German craftsmanship and will last a lifetime.

I would take a class or two and you will be able to shoot that handgun like you have always dreamed about. Spend an afternoon with Stu from Cloverleaf and unlock the full potential of both your high quality handgun and yourself. It will be the best money you ever spent and you will be able to put rounds exactly where you want them to go. Owning a nice gun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a nice piano makes you a musician.

Once you have mastered the basics, practice, practice, practice. Before long, you will be a badass with your HK. And when you are watching action movies where the bad guy has a hostage at gun point, and the good guy makes a difficult shot, you will smuggly think to yourself " I could make that shot" [rofl]

Congrats!!!

That's a mighty fine pistol there. [thumbsup] 4S has great deals, so nothing wrong with paying full retail there. Looks like you are already searching for a club, so you are on the right track.

You can probably already see that this online community takes a sense of humor and a thick skin at times, but underneath the crusty surface is a collection of the most knowledgeable and helpful people to be found for anything firearms related. You're in the right place and yes, NES will be bad for your wallet! [smile]

Above all, build safe habits now. Always maintain good trigger discipline and keep the business end pointed in a safe direction. Some day that 'safe direction' could be at a bad guy, so as others have mentioned have tons of fun practicing. Now go out there and recruit some more converts to firearm ownership!

Back
Top Bottom