• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, is it time to get rid of the TSA yet?

My shocked face yet again [shocked]

These TSA folks are low wage under trained boobs. Many of them have a God complex while many seem like nice people, albeit not really good at what they're there to do. The TSA is another money grab government scam that imposes yet more control over the people while racking in more and more dough for the government to waste

I've never run into anyone at the airport working for the TSA that resembled a "nice person". They always berate people, etc. Or they stand there looking like oxygen thieves.

It might have something to do with the fact that their "job" consists of intentionally violating peoples personal space for the sake of security theater.

-Mike

Anyone with common sense can figure out ways to get just about anything through the TSA.

Not the least bit surprised.

I have to say, in my many flights each year I actually do run into a few decent TSA people, very few, but still. But the bottom line is they are working for a bulls*** organization that exists to trample on the rights of people like me who have to get on many planes each year to do my job. The funny thing is, I know a few people who work for them and are embarrassed to admit it. I have also met some real douche nozzles who get on a power trip in their blue uniforms and I take great pleasure in stymieing them with their own rules. I've been the cause of more than a few of them being knocked down a peg by their supervisor when they try to tell me that I can't take something on board that is completely allowable. If you're right and they're wrong, politely and firmly ask for a supervisor.

Overall however, it is definitely one of the most useless .gov agencies out there and is nothing more than security theater at the end of the day. I work in aviation maintenance, you would not believe how easy it is to get on to the flight line at almost any major airport. The TSA screening is there to make people "feel" safer, deluded oblivious morons that they are...

I've never run into anyone at the airport working for the TSA that resembled a "nice person". They always berate people, etc. Or they stand there looking like oxygen thieves.

It might have something to do with the fact that their "job" consists of intentionally violating peoples personal space for the sake of security theater.

-Mike

I have . . . one such nice person, but only that one nice person. He was retired Minneapolis PD. We were returning from WPB airport. He was thorough but polite. This was in 2003, long before the rectal exams and x-rays required these days.
He was just going thru the carry-on after the x-ray showed lots of electronics all in one bag.

Interesting stats. I guess more and more people are carrying which I assume is one reason the guns found in carry ons are climbing.

2940D9B400000578-3105820-image-a-15_1433166058631.jpg

-Mike

I fly a lot on business and run into quite a few nice TSA people. Perhaps it would help to define what I mean by nice....they're not azzholes [rofl]

Yes it is time to get rid of them since they never should have been in existence to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom