• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

so i went to the range today....

so that i could do some quick practice shoots for a postal competition for the other forum i hang around at.
berettatarget.jpg

i think i got a 34.i had three shots right next to each other,one was out off to the side and one in the 7ring.
had to do 5 shoots
so how do you think i did.target was 15yds out and i was useing 115gr (9mm ball)

comments are welcome (as long as it's nice [wink] )

hope i put this in correct place

derek said:
not bad, did you close your eyes on the shot on the bottom right of the paper. [twisted]

yah,i think that was when i sneezed :p

honestly,don't know ho that happened.think i got to cocky while shooting.

beretta92d said:
derek said:
not bad, did you close your eyes on the shot on the bottom right of the paper. [twisted]

yah,i think that was when i sneezed :p

honestly,don't know ho that happened.think i got to cocky while shooting.
A drip of booger...Ya, that's the ticket...

Re: Flinch?

n1heu said:
Looks like a serious flinch to me.Try more dry fire.

I tend to do this. i anticipate the recoil and bear down on my grip and end up with a similiar result. Dry fire does help.

Dry firing is done with an UNLOADED weapon (double, triple check...). Sight the gun, pull the trigger, and keep the sights on the target. It allows you to think about th trigger pull and see exactly what your sights are doing with out the recoil and bang to cloud the picture. Much cheaper than sending lead down range that doesn't go where you want it anyway! [lol]

Some other threads in this forum specificly about it. Do a search.

Matt

i'll give it a try next time i'm watching tv.

i always thought dry firing was bad for the firing pin.?

or is it as long as it's not done all the time?

beretta92d said:
i'll give it a try next time i'm watching tv.

i always thought dry firing was bad for the firing pin.?

or is it as long as it's not done all the time?

Get some snap caps for you pistol. If it's a semi - you DO NOT want to dry fire on an empty chamber. A couple dry fires won't hurt it, but you definately do not want to do it alot. Load a couple in the mag and rack one into the chamber.

Another good technique for learning to deal with flinching or anticipating reoil is "ball & dummy". With a revolver, load five rounds and give the cylinder a spin before closing it. Then shoot your target as you normally would, paying close attention to follow-through. At some point the hammer is going to drop on the empty chamber. If you're doing everything right, the sight picture should remain steady on the target. If you're flinching or attempting to compensate in anticipation of the recoil, you'll see the sights fly up or push down. It's a good method to bring home what you're doing wrong. You can achieve the same effect with a semi-auto by loading some magazines with a dummy round inserted somewhere in the stack ahead of time (so that you forget where the dummy is) or better yet, by having a friend load some for you.

Ken

KMaurer said:
Another good technique for learning to deal with flinching or anticipating reoil is "ball & dummy". With a revolver, load five rounds and give the cylinder a spin before closing it. Then shoot your target as you normally would, paying close attention to follow-through. At some point the hammer is going to drop on the empty chamber. If you're doing everything right, the sight picture should remain steady on the target. If you're flinching or attempting to compensate in anticipation of the recoil, you'll see the sights fly up or push down. It's a good method to bring home what you're doing wrong. You can achieve the same effect with a semi-auto by loading some magazines with a dummy round inserted somewhere in the stack ahead of time (so that you forget where the dummy is) or better yet, by having a friend load some for you.

Ken

We do that with students Ken. But, I'll load 2 or 3 used casings into the revolver, then spin and close it. Sometimes they'll see if the chamber is empty and know the "no boom" pull is coming up. [wink]

i'll be going to the gun shop tomorrow(i hope) and gonna do some $ checking.

(i just love my new wireless keyboard and mouse,along with my new 17"flat screen lcd moniter) :D

Lynne said:
beretta92d said:
(i just love my new wireless keyboard and mouse,along with my new 17"flat screen lcd moniter) :D

Oh sure....rub it in.

[lol]
(although I do have a wireless mouse [wink] )

what,you don't have a 17" moniter? or just not a lcd? :(

now i just gotta find a place that'll take the old moniter

beretta92d said:

I don't have a flat screne or a wireless k/b. My monitor is a mega huge monster that barely fits on my desk. I shouldn't complain tho - it works and it was free. :D

Call your town/city hall about getting rid of the old one. Sometimes they'll take stuff like that once a month or sumpthin, but it's usually a special day and you have to drop it off.

Lynne said:
beretta92d said:

I don't have a flat screne or a wireless k/b. My monitor is a mega huge monster that barely fits on my desk. I shouldn't complain tho - it works and it was free. :D

Call your town/city hall about getting rid of the old one. Sometimes they'll take stuff like that once a month or sumpthin, but it's usually a special day and you have to drop it off.

Do you guys have a free press in your town??

If you do, put it in the wanted section. Someone will pick it up for like 20 bucks. Trust me, I used to do that all the time.

C-pher said:

If you do, put it in the wanted section. Someone will pick it up for like 20 bucks. Trust me, I used to do that all the time.

there's a section of ouy local paper that's for anything free or for sale that's less then $150.00. called the classified section.you pay them the money,you could just about sell anything.

i think one of the local a.s.p.c.a. offices take them as donations,they sell them and use the money for supplies.i think i'll go that route.

(always a softy for animals in need)

beretta92d said:
C-pher said:

there's a section of ouy local paper that's for anything free or for sale that's less then $150.00. called the classified section.you pay them the money,you could just about sell anything.

i think one of the local a.s.p.c.a. offices take them as donations,they sell them and use the money for supplies.i think i'll go that route.

(always a softy for animals in need)[/quote]

Yea, the paper is free to the residents. But the ad to put it in isn't.

http://www.nafreepress.com

i got to shoot bin laden today :)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/beretta92d/plasticammotarget.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/beretta92d/halfplastichalfball.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/beretta92d/binladentardet2.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/beretta92d/binladentarget1.jpg

just wanted to share my trial run with my new ammo.9mm nato plastic.
got it from ups today and couldn't wait to run to the range and give it a go.even though it's plastic,it still has recoil and it seems louder then my regular ammo.not to mention noticable muzzle flash.

KMaurer said:

Ken

I saw somthing like this with two people and an automatic.

One would load the gun, either empty *snap cap would be better for the pin* or with a live round.

The first few "Dummy's" you could REALLY see the flinch.

I also liked this because it really taught a new shooter Rule #1. Since he didn't KNOW if the gun was REALLY loaded evey time he picked it up....so he was FORCED to treat it as such untill he was confirmed (either a bang or a click). After a few reps of this his groups were 100% better.

I need to get some snap caps. I also want to use them for Home Defence drills so you can load the gun, and do other drills in a practical setting.

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom