So I purchased a non res NH hunting license.....

whacko

NES Member
Went non res hunting license for NH for the first time. I've always stuck to mass and maine. Looks like the controlled turkey hunts for devens will not happen due to the damn corona crap. So.....I have good access for turkey in southern NH and decided to purchase nh. Damn those non res licenses hit the wallet hard. $153 for the hunting and a turkey permit 😳

At first I thought it was a waste of money but after looking at how close I am to the state line......and adding Sunday hunting it's not all that bad as I have access to a little bit of land in NH.

The regs sure are different in NH on deer......the whole "any deer days" vs "antlered only days" confused me at first but I talked to a buddy of mine in NH and he explained it all. Much earlier season for muzzle loader too and that whole season is any deer. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to some free state Sunday hunting!

Went non res hunting license for NH for the first time. I've always stuck to mass and maine. Looks like the controlled turkey hunts for devens will not happen due to the damn corona crap. So.....I have good access for turkey in southern NH and decided to purchase nh. Damn those non res licenses hit the wallet hard. $153 for the hunting and a turkey permit 😳

At first I thought it was a waste of money but after looking at how close I am to the state line......and adding Sunday hunting it's not all that bad as I have access to a little bit of land in NH.

The regs sure are different in NH on deer......the whole "any deer days" vs "antlered only days" confused me at first but I talked to a buddy of mine in NH and he explained it all. Much earlier season for muzzle loader too and that whole season is any deer. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to some free state Sunday hunting!

Good luck.

I hunt CT archery season for deer. September 15 to December 3. Sunday hunting on private land. You get 6 tags with your license 2 either sex, 2 antlerless, and 2 more for the southern areas on private land only for the month of January. The regular tags are good anywhere in the state. ItS a a bargain at $135.

Gun hunting is pretty spendy there though as the License and tags are separate and add up fast.

The funny thing is that I haven’t hunted Sunday. I guess it’s just habit to hunt during the week. I’m retired though so I can hunt during the week.

Bob

Muzzleloader for "any deer" is only the first few days, antlered after that. different zones have different number or no days on "any deer". Same for rifle. The number of "any days" will be posted later. archery is any deer season long. There are separate permits for zone M that allow anterless hunting longer.

Muzzleloader for "any deer" is only the first few days, antlered after that. different zones have different number or no days on "any deer". Same for rifle. The number of "any days" will be posted later. archery is any deer season long. There are separate permits for zone M that allow anterless hunting longer.
I thought zone m said any deer for all of muzzle loader I'll have to re check it.

I looked at 2019 my bad ....but zone m was any deer the whole muzzle loader season in 2019

Screenshot_20200421-130445_Drive.jpg

Good luck.

I hunt CT archery season for deer. September 15 to December 3. Sunday hunting on private land. You get 6 tags with your license 2 either sex, 2 antlerless, and 2 more for the southern areas on private land only for the month of January. The regular tags are good anywhere in the state. ItS a a bargain at $135.

Gun hunting is pretty spendy there though as the License and tags are separate and add up fast.

The funny thing is that I haven’t hunted Sunday. I guess it’s just habit to hunt during the week. I’m retired though so I can hunt during the week.

Bob
Same here. Though I love the Sunday hunting and Crossbow. Bought a new Excalibur late last year and will take that with me. I still shoot the regular bow as well.

New Hampshire is fun for Rifle onSunday. But I dont go enough to justify it so this year I may not buy it. Lot less deer in NH and a lot of posted land now too in my old spots.

Same here. Though I love the Sunday hunting and Crossbow. Bought a new Excalibur late last year and will take that with me. I still shoot the regular bow as well.

New Hampshire is fun for Rifle onSunday. But I dont go enough to justify it so this year I may not buy it. Lot less deer in NH and a lot of posted land now too in my old spots.

I love my Excalibur Exocet 200. I bought it used 12 years ago. I haven’t been in a bow shop since. You can’t beat them.

I miss hunting with the vert but I just can’t do it anymore.

Bob

What are the dates of a license year in NH? Here if somebody bought a license today it would expire in June of 2020. Our licenses run June to June.
The license I bought today expires 12-31-20

Last edited:
I love my Excalibur Exocet 200. I bought it used 12 years ago. I haven’t been in a bow shop since. You can’t beat them.

I miss hunting with the vert but I just can’t do it anymore.

Bob

I did a random search not even looking really for xbows last year and Gander Mountain had a deal on Micro Suppressor full package for half price.
NIB. 630 dollars. They are usually 1300 all day long. Snapped that up. Tried to get the same deal for my buddy but they sold out in minutes.
Thjng is small, compact and built like a tank.

Man. Ill probably never take shots that this thing can do...but ive practice shot out to 60-70 yards and its hitting the vitals every time. Pretty amazing. I do need to bring my rangefinder with me. Cause I never shoot that distance, so judging accurately is harder for me.

I had a big doe in January I was going to shoot but with the terrain I wasnt sure if it was 30 or 40 yards, so I passed on it. Down in CT typical distance for my shots is less than 10.
Getting back to yardages of 30-40 is more uncertainty, but with this thing if im sure of the yardage, its shooting dimes. And my confidence level is high. Ive got a few salt flat spots that I could shoot at 50 and longer.

Yeah maintanance is a breeze to. Easy string changes and pretty fail safe.

Last edited:
I did a random search not even looking really for xbows last year and Gander Mountain had a deal on Micro Suppressor full package for half price.
NIB. 630 dollars. They are usually 1300 all day long. Snapped that up. Tried to get the same deal for my buddy but they sold out in minutes.
Thjng is small, compact and built like a tank.

That’s a smoking deal for sure. I’ve thought about upgrading but there really is no need. The setup I have is bullet proof. The right limb popped a splinter the size of a toothpick about 6 years ago. I cut it off and sanded it smooth. No effect at all on POI. I finally got around to replacing the limbs a few years ago.

Man. Ill probably never take shots that this thing can do...but ive practice shot out to 60-70 yards and its hitting the vitals every time. Pretty amazing. I do need to bring my rangefinder with me. Cause I never shoot that distance, so judging accurately is harder for me.

I had a big doe in January I was going to shoot but with the terrain I wasnt sure if it was 30 or 40 yards, so I passed on it. Down in CT typical distance for my shots is less than 10.
Getting back to yardages of 30-40 is more uncertainty, but with this thing if im sure of the yardage, its shooting dimes. And my confidence level is high. Ive got a few salt flat spots that I could shoot at 50 and longer.

Same here. I always use a range finder. I have enough trouble getting around without having to chase a wounded deer all over creation because I make a crappy shot. I don’t shoot unless I’m 100% sure of my shot so plenty get a pass.

Yeah maintanance is a breeze to. Easy string changes and pretty fail safe.

I reserve my own strings and make my on arrows as well so I don’t have any need for a shop. When I make my arrows I make a matched set so they all weigh in the same +/- .5g.

Bob

Back on subject, what is the rule on Xbows in NH? Doctors note? I never really looked into it as I dont archery hunt there anymore.

Back
Top Bottom