So i just watched this action movie....

I know this is kinda out there but...

I just watched a rather typical action movie and found my self yelling at the the screen, you know the same old crap like....yes thats gun shots, be alarmed!......why are you going by yourself!.......dose anyone know how to aim!.....oh and now your out of ammo!.....(and the best) pick up the dead guys gun stupid!.

Now the last one got me thinking, i wonder if any anti gun person that has ever seen an action or a horror movie had ever yelled that out or even just thought it would be good idea for any character in a film to pick up a wepon.

Now wouldn't it be funny to hear a anti gun person say somthing like this and contradict them selfs and probibly not even know it?

Last edited:
Sounds a lot like me watching an action movie (at home, I keep my mouth shut in a movie theatre)

How's about counting shot on handguns?
"That guns doesn't have re-strike, it would only click once"
"That gun's slide locks back on the last shot"
"When you DO grab a dead guy's gun, grab his spare mags as well" I think it's Terminator 2 where they actually show someone raiding mags off a downed opponent, but I don't think the guy was dead, just kneecapped.

I don't know non-gun people to make many comments like that, much less an anti-gun person.

I always find myself counting the shots. I think of it as a mental challenge to test my intelligence.

I always like watching the good guys jump sideways through a window, both hand extended with .45s, and firing away hitting targets one after another. I practice this all the time at my club. Doesn't everyone???

Rome

I always like watching the good guys jump sideways through a window, both hand extended with .45s, and firing away hitting targets one after another. I practice this all the time at my club. Doesn't everyone???

Rome

I used to until the bills started coming in for the window repairs.

I always find myself counting the shots. I think of it as a mental challenge to test my intelligence.

I often try to give them credit that they could have swapped magazines or reloaded the revolver during a cut-away, however when you watch a gun with a revoler fire 12 shots without a cut in the scene, or a guy with an M-16 lay-down 30 seconds of full auto suppression fire, it's time to slap someone (continuity, technical advistor, director, etc) upside the head.

My brother works in the film industry, so I had a chance to sit down with a few people involved in making movies and one of the things we talked about was sustained full-auto fire. I pointed out that an M-16 has a rate of fire of 900 rounds per minute (15 rounds per second) and a 30 round magazine. That's 2-seconds of sustained fire. One Mississippi, Two Mississippi - Done. (not click, click, click, click)

I was told, "Well, that's not very impressive."

and I told them, "True, but it's real."

Rome

Try replacing the window with parchment paper, it's a lot cheaper than real glass or that clear suger glasing that Hollywood uses

Back
Top Bottom